Learn from Industry Experts and Share Best Practices
Join us for the HR & Trainers’ Council meeting on Dec. 7, and the Commercial Services Council meeting on Dec. 12.
Join us at one of our upcoming council meetings to learn from and network with credit union colleagues throughout the region. In addition to educational presentations, each session will include plenty of time for roundtable discussion and networking.
Attendees can join these meetings in one of seven locations throughout the Northwest.
HR & Trainers’ Council: Dec. 7
Bring your questions, advice, and challenges to this session, which will feature the following presentations:
- Aspiring Leaders Program: Through their Aspiring Leaders Program, the team at Rivermark Community Credit Union set out to help employees develop and utilize leadership skills within their current roles at the credit union. Participants in the program practiced communication, strategic planning, team collaboration, presentation, and project management. The program provided the building blocks to help employees expand their leadership presence in present roles and prepare for future management positions. During this presentation from Training Manager Cheryl McCarthy, Senior HR Manager Teri Zahn, and VP of Human Resources Jackie Henderson, you’ll hear more about Rivermark’s program and the results the team has seen.
- Advocacy: Samantha Beeler, NWCUA’s AVP, Advocacy, will illustrate the importance of credit union advocacy, and what you should know as a leader at your credit union. This presentation will involve hands-on advocacy training to help you strengthen the CU Movement and your credit union. Beeler will also share information about the resources available to assist you in developing advocacy training for your organization.
Click here to register.
Commercial Services Council: Dec. 12
The Commercial Services Council provides an opportunity to discuss best practices and connect with other credit union professionals involved in similar programs. Topics discussed in Commercial Services Council sessions range from business deposit and loan products, to business development and marketing strategies specific to MBL and commercial service programs.
The December session will feature presentations on the following:
- Comprehensive Credit Risk Management & Strategies for Implementing CECL, presented by Randy Thompson, CEO of TCT Risk Solutions
- Benefits of Low Income Designation, presented by John Trull, NWCUA’s AVP, Regulatory Advocacy
- Staffing and Loan Management Systems, presented by Rich Muckey VP/Senior Business Officer, CU Business Group
Click here to register.