NWCUA’s Annual Legal Symposium
November 7, 2017
Your Association is here to equip you with the tools your credit union needs to navigate the complex regulatory landscape. For our upcoming Legal Symposium, we’ve assembled a team of experts to answer your questions and share the most relevant, up-to-date legal and regulatory information.
Tailored toward credit union professionals at the executive level — including attorneys, CEOs, and regulatory and compliance professionals — the event will cover legal tips to help you better negotiate vendor contracts, the latest developments in laws related to consumer lending, and much more.
Topics will include:
- Regulatory developments from Michael McKenna, General Counsel, NCUA
- CFPB and federal enforcement actions from Melanie Brody, Partner, Mayer Brown
- A panel focused on regulatory issues, featuring Linda Jekel, Director, Washington Division of Credit Unions; Mary Hughes, Acting Director, Idaho Department of Finance; and Janet Powell, CU Program Manager, Division of Financial Regulation
- Legal considerations related to cannabis banking, from Lynn Ciani, EVP General Counsel, Numerica
- Cybersecurity, covered by Brian Knight, EVP General Counsel, NASCUS
- Negotiating vendor terms, featuring Kalin Bornemann, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
The session will take place on Dec. 6, 2017, in three locations across the Northwest. Speakers will present in SeaTac, WA, with videoconferencing in Tigard, OR, and Boise, ID.