Meet Your MAXX Speakers
From a world record-holding athlete to a global futurist, here’s a rundown of the keynote speakers you’ll learn from during MAXX this month.
As MAXX approaches, we’re excited to give you a sneak peek of some of the conference’s keynote speakers and compelling educational sessions. Don’t forget to add these transformative talks to your MAXX app agenda.
Opening Keynote: From Now to Wow!
Served up TED-style, this keynote will set the tone for the convention, inspiring you to propel the Credit Union Movement to new heights. The opening event’s entrepreneurial speakers — from a non-profit founder and world record-holding professional endurance athlete to a 17-year-old inventor and youth entrepreneurship advocate — will encourage you to step outside your comfort zone and unleash your potential for greatness.
Speaker Colin O’Brady knows a thing or two about changing mindsets and overcoming adversity. After recovering from severe burns, he went on to achieve two world records, including the speed record for the Explorers Grand Slam, a global mountaineering challenge to climb the tallest mountain on every continent. His non-profit, Beyond 7/2, inspires kids to lead active, healthy lives and pursue their dreams.
Dawnna St Louis, a former homeless teen turned international sales and leadership consultant, and Brooke Martin, a 17-year-old inventor and young entrepreneur, will help you gain insight into the entrepreneurial journey and how this mindset has the ability to bring raw ideas to fruition.
Seamless Transitions from Past to Future
During this thought-provoking presentation, global futurist and innovation strategist Anders Sörman-Nilsson will offer a macro view of our world while he decodes trends, deciphers what’s next, and turns provocative questions into proactive strategies. This session will give the curious, the creative, and the courageous a competitive and sustainable edge heading into the future.
Soar to New Heights
Jen Groover is an entrepreneur, author, and international speaker who regularly advises brands, professional athletes, entrepreneurs, and CEOs on strategies to optimize their potential. During this keynote, Groover will challenge you to think again about how you lead your life and your team. You’ll walk away teeming with new insights, tools, and the inspiration to be your best self and harness the skills to bring your team even greater success.
Throughout the conference, you’ll learn about the global, regional, and local trends impacting the credit union industry. In addition to the keynotes, here’s a sampling of the many educational sessions you’ll have the opportunity to attend each day.
- Video Production on a Shoestring Budget: Meet Chris West from VideoNarrative and find out how to shoot and produce professional quality videos with a minimal equipment investment.
- Legal Update: Get insights on legal issues affecting the Credit Union Movement from experts at Farleigh Wada Witt.
- Global Women’s Leadership: During this data-driven session, you’ll learn how to empower women throughout your organization, and hear from leaders of the newly launched Northwest Chapter of Sister Societies.
- Faster Payments: Dive into The U.S. Path to Faster Payments reports, recently released by the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force, and find out why credit union leaders everywhere should have a plan.
- Stand Out In a Crowded Marketplace: Deborah Mersino, Chief Marketing Officer at OCCU, will explain why it’s important to shift your leadership and internal structure to influence a “differentiated” member experience.