News and Notes: Here’s What’s Happening in Northwest Credit Unions
Wauna Credit Union awards annual scholarships to young members; NW Plus Credit Union receives 2017 Best of Everett Award.
Wauna Credit Union Awards Annual Scholarships
This month, Wauna Credit Union continued its decades-long tradition of presenting scholarships to deserving members who are continuing their education. This year, Wauna distributed $6,000 in scholarships to ten students for their commitment to their studies and to their communities. The winners represent high schools from Astoria, Clatskanie, Knappa, Rainier, Scappoose, St. Helens, and Vernonia.
Below is the full list of Wauna Credit Union Scholarship winners and the schools they plan to attend:
- Beau Groom (Scappoose HS), Azusa Pacific University
- Cassidy Whitton (Vernonia HS), Oregon State University
- Chelsea Sapp (Knappa HS), Whitworth University
- Jacob Hanes (St. Helens HS), Portland State University
- Jadelynn Pickering (Astoria HS), Portland Community College
- Jarod Shaw (Vernonia HS), Portland Community College
- Makenzie Jahn (Rainer HS), Oregon State University
- Maisy Horness (Clatskanie HS), Oregon State University
- Sage Miller (Clatskanie HS), University of Oregon
- Twyla Vittetoe (Clatskanie HS), Oregon State University
NW Plus Credit Union Receives 2017 Best of Everett Award
Washington-based NW Plus Credit Union has been selected for the 2017 Best of Everett Award in the Mortgage Lender Category by the Everett Award Program.
Each year, the Everett Award Program identifies companies they believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. They feel these companies enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and the community, and that they help make the Everett area a great place to live, work, and play. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use best practices and implementing programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
Torrie D. Ramos, Executive Vice President of NW Plus CU, said “we have worked to become known as a mortgage lender and this award recognizes our efforts for the past few years. We are looking forward to working with those applying for a mortgage and proving to them that NW Plus CU can handle all their financial needs.”