Nominate Outstanding Northwest Credit Union Professionals for the 2017 Summit, CUNA, and Chapter Awards
May 1, 2017
The Northwest credit union community is full of inspiring people and teams who have made outstanding contributions to the credit union movement. Through the Summit, CUNA, Chapter and Advocacy Awards, NWCUA and CUNA have the honor of recognizing and celebrating professionals, credit unions and chapters for their exceptional work.
Take a moment today to nominate an outstanding individual, credit union or chapter for one of the following awards.
The Summit Awards honor individual credit union professionals and teams in the following four categories.
- Young Credit Union Leader Award: Created for credit union professionals age 35 and under, this award is designed to engage, promote and recognize the next generation of credit union professionals in the Northwest credit union movement. It aims to foster commitment to the development of credit unions in the years ahead.
- Innovation & Impact Award: This category is open to credit union professionals or teams who have achieved innovative accomplishments during the past three years.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: This award recognizes a credit union professional who exemplifies outstanding overall and sustained leadership in the credit union movement with respect to social responsibility, CU philosophy, advocacy efforts and community impact.
- Distinguished Director Award: This award celebrates the achievements of a credit union board member who demonstrates leadership in credit union advocacy and community service, as well as a commitment to the ongoing success of his or her credit union. His or her accomplishments need not have been completed solely during the year of the award.
Chapter Excellence Award
The Chapter Excellence LEAP Award honors one chapter that has demonstrated excellence and achievement in all four pillar categories:
- Philosophy in Action
In addition, other chapters with noteworthy achievements will be recognized through honorable mentions.
National CUNA Awards
The National CUNA Awards celebrate excellence in community impact and financial education. Winning credit unions and chapters will advance to the national level.
- Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award: This award recognizes a credit union for strengthening local institutions and improving the lives of nonmembers through community outreach programs (other than personal finance education).
- Louise Herring Philosophy in Action Member Service Award: This award honors a credit union for improving members’ lives through programs (other than personal finance education).
- Desjardins Youth & Adult Financial Education Awards: This award celebrates a credit union’s efforts to teach personal finance concepts and skills to members and nonmembers under the age of 18 (Youth), or 18 or older (Adult).
The Advocacy Awards recognize excellence in grassroots, legislative and regulatory activities. These are determined internally by the Association’s Governmental Affairs department (not by nomination), which sets a specific set of criteria for consideration. The two primary categories are:
- Advocate of the Year Award: This award celebrates the top professionals from Idaho, Oregon and Washington for extraordinary participation in the Credit Union Advocates program, CUNA GAC, Credit Union Day at the Capital, Call to Action response, political fundraising and campaign volunteerism.
- Top of the Hill Award: This honor is presented to credit unions who have excelled in their political advocacy efforts in all three states, including completing Project Zip Code, meeting with local and federal legislators and writing regulatory or legislative comment letters. The NWCUA tracks this activity, so there is no entry form for credit unions to submit.
Questions about the awards or the nomination process? Please contact Christine Ruzzi, Director, Member Resources, at 503.350.2206 or email@example.com.