Robbery and Fraud Alerts for January 24, 2017
Robbery and Fraud Alerts in the Northwest
Boise PD is reporting a robbery at a Wells Fargo Branch located at 3301 W. Chinden Blvd, Garden City, ID. The robbery was reported at 9:12am on 01/23/17. The suspect is described as a white male, in his 20s, standing 5’7″ tall and weighing about 145 pounds. The suspect has a goatee, dyed red hair and was wearing a white hoodie under a black jacket with a green “Emcor” insignia on it. The suspect reportedly fled on foot. A photo of the suspect is below.
In Washington, the Wells Fargo at 1800 Main Street, Vancouver, WA was robbed late Monday afternoon. The suspect used a note to demand cash. The suspect is described as a white male in his mid-30s, 5’8″ to 5’10”, weighing about 180 pounds, with brown eyes, brown/grey hair, a moustache and full beard.
In Southern Idaho, an individual is negotiating checks drawn off closed accounts from an out of state bank. The report states that the suspect is very skilled at convincing branch staff that he is a regular customer/member. One alias that the suspect is using is Ray Lewis. A photo of the suspect is shown below.
If you have any information about the robbery in Idaho, please contact the Garden City Police Department at 208.472.2950.
If you have information about the robbery in Vancouver, Washington, please contact the Vancouver Police Department at 360.693-3111.
If you have any information about the suspect cashing bad checks, please contact the Boise Police Department at 208.570.6000.
- NWCUA’s Katie Clark Shares Insights on the Latest Fraud Schemes Hitting Northwest Credit Unions
- Identity Thieves are Opening More Fraudulent Accounts Online
- Counterfeit Cashier’s Checks are on the Rise in the Northwest
- SBA Guidance on Businesses that are Involved with Cannabis
- June 2018 NCUA Board Actions
- Tips to Avoid Pension Advance Scams
- Skimming Alert: Skimmer Placed on ATM
- Fraud Alert for February 21
- Robbery and Fraud Alerts for January 24, 2017
- Fraud Alert – January 10, 2017