NWCUA 2016 MAXX Convention
September 21, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEATAC, WA.—The Northwest Credit Union Association’s 2016 MAXX Convention unites over 150 credit unions, 500 movement leaders and 100 of their business partners-all under one roof October 11-13. The setting for 2016 MAXX is the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in SeaTac, WA, located directly across the street from SeaTac International Airport.
Highlighting 2016 MAXX will be:
- A unique and interactive opening keynote by Dear World, a forum capturing stories of hope, struggle and a brighter future. Through a live demonstration, MAXX attendees will take away unforgettable storytelling techniques-and the opportunity to participate in their own storytelling photoshoot. Tuesday, October 11. 3:00 p.m.
- Who Wins the White House and What Happens in Congress? Sean Trende, the Senior Elections Analyst for RealClearPolitics shares keen insight and analysis of the latest polls and political headlines. Wednesday, October 12, 8:30 a.m.
- Strategic Link Trade Show, the shopping mall for credit unions seeking operational solutions and the next-great-technology-thing for their members. Find cybersecurity experts, explore Apps offering shop-local deals and consumer spending tracking, and learn more about the FIS and CO-OP Cardless Cash mobile solution coming to credit unions early next year. Wednesday, October 12, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. & Thursday, October 13, 10:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
- Hollywood Glamour: THE Credit Unions for Kids Dinner & Auction. The credit union movement’s “charity of choice” celebrates the 30-year anniversary of its founding here in the Northwest, setting a $300K fundraising goal for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Wednesday, October 13, 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- The Vision for 2017-and Beyond. Northwest credit unions enjoy 50% market share, but credit unions’ work is just getting started. NWCUA President & CEO Troy Stang looks at how the movement will connect, influence and advance. Thursday, October 13, 8:00 a.m.
- MAXX Awards Dinner & Gala. Honor the Northwest movement’s top advocates, innovators and lifetime achievement thought leaders. Thursday, October 13, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Breakout Sessions: Preparing credit unions for emergencies; protecting credit unions and members from breach and cyber threats; what millennials want; serving the underserved and more.
Need a one-on-one interview with a movement leader, exhibitor or keynote speaker? Contact Lynn Heider. 503.329.7208
The Northwest Credit Union Association is the not-for-profit trade association representing 154 of Oregon and Washington’s credit unions. Northwest credit unions returned $352 million in direct financial benefits to their 5.2 million members last year. The NWCUA is the voice of the Northwest credit union movement, providing legislative, regulatory and public advocacy in addition to education, compliance, networking support and business solutions to credit unions. For information on how to join a credit union, please visit http://www.asmarterchoice.org.
Posted in News Releases.