Get ‘Wild About Saving’ With National Youth Month
March 23, 2015
March 23, 2015
Encourage your younger members to get “Wild About Saving” this April as National Credit Union Youth Month is celebrated across the nation. This year’s longer celebration — up from a week in earlier years — gives your credit union additional time to attract new members and make an even bigger impact in young financial lives.
Guide your young members through the jungle of savings by starting them down the right path towards savings goals and financial education. Your credit union is even invited to get a little wild with this year’s theme to show your young members they can have an adventure visiting — and saving at — your credit union.
By attracting potential younger members, you can lower the age demographic of your credit union, while increasing the loyalty of their parents.
Here’s the plan:
- Shop for official 2015 National Credit Union Youth Month items to outfit your staff and reward young savers.
- Plan, schedule and budget your celebration by downloading this spreadsheet that includes all Youth Month products and their early-bird pricing.
- Sign up for the free Youth Month e-News to receive tips for celebrating Youth Month and setting goals for the Saving Challenge.
- Register for the National Youth Saving Challenge™ for a chance to win one of 25 $100 prizes for a young saver. There are prizes for participating credit unions, too!
- Share details for your celebration and stories.
CUNA has created a cache of great promotional materials — including coloring pages, posters, web graphics, logos, and customizable Youth Month articles — all available as free downloads.
Engage Your Members
CUNA has come up with some great ways to pull your members into the experience. Reach members outside your branch with the new Safari Saving Challenge. Invite your members to challenge one another to see who can save the most. The first to reach his or her savings goal wins!
How to Participate:
- Provide your members with the Safari Saving Challenge Tool to track participants’ progress.
- Share tips and tricks with your members to help them save even more.
- Reward your winning members with official Youth Month items.
And don’t forget to register for the National Youth Saving Challenge™ for a chance to win one of 25 $100 prizes for a young saver. There are prizes for participating credit unions, too!
Keep your eyes on Anthem for stories of how engaging with youth pays off for credit unions and for the members themselves.
Questions about this story? Contact James Pearson: 206.340.4790, email@example.com.
Posted in Events.