Register Now for 2015 Development Education (DE) Trainings
November 24, 2014
November 24, 2014
There are now only a few spots left for credit union professionals as registration winds down for the Winter 2015 Credit Union Development Education (DE) training class taking place January 14-21, 2015 in Dallas, Texas. The Spring class, April 29-May 6, 2015 in Madison, Wis., is also about half full. Attendees of the National Credit Union Foundation’s (NCUF) six-day total immersion experience will learn about credit unions’ social responsibility and domestic and international development through interactive education and professional networking.
“Registration for each training is limited to just 42 attendees and we only have about 10 spots left for credit union professionals who would like to attend the January training,” said Lois Kitsch, NCUF national program director. “You won’t want to miss either of the 2015 programs as DE Training is one of the most transformative and unique credit union training events offered.”
After attending the most recent training in September, Frances Tiger, Administator-Business Development at American Airlines FCU, said, “DE training is by far, a life changing event. I had no idea about the depth of what I was a part of in the credit union movement and would recommend this training for all employees of credit unions.”
NCUF also released a new video recently about DE Training highlighting the value of the training for attendees.
Who Should Attend DE Training — And Why
DE training is open to everyone from new employees who need a credit union orientation to seasoned executives who need to recharge. Participants cite many benefits of attending DE training, including:
- Graduates acquire skills in credit union outreach initiatives, problem solving, technical assistance, team building, and public presentations.
- Graduates earn certification as Credit Union Development Educators (CUDEs). They join a networking group including over 1,100 graduates across America and over 34 other countries.
- CUDEs realize that local issues are indeed global – and that global issues are local.
- CUDEs understand that credit unions grow stronger by working cooperatively.
- CUDEs return to their jobs with new understanding of how to promote cooperative principles and credit union values as distinct advantages in today’s competitive financial services marketplace.
- CUDEs become passionate advocates of the credit union philosophy, which boosts employee motivation, creativity and a deeper commitment to their credit union organization and the movement.
DE Training Locations & Registration — Room & Meals Included
The first two DE Trainings of 2015 will place January 14-21, 2015 at the American Airlines Training & Conference Center in Dallas, Texas and April 29-May 6, 2015 at The Lowell Center on the University of Wisconsin campus in Madison, Wis. The registration fee includes seven nights of single-room lodging, as well as all training materials and meals.
Questions about this story? Contact James Pearson: 206.340.4790, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Events.