Northwest Credit Union Foundation Seeking Nominations for Five Seats on Board of Directors
May 8, 2014
May 8, 2014
Nominations are now being accepted for five seats on the Northwest Credit Union Foundation’s board of directors, which advises the Foundation as it works with new community partners and Northwest credit unions to promote community asset building, economic empowerment and cooperative development.
Seats on the 11-member board are filled on a staggered basis; the new directors will be seated in October, and will serve three-year terms. Expiring seats this year include:
- District 2: This seat is currently held by Steve Wilder of Horizon Credit Union;
- District 4: This seat is currently held by Jim McCarthy of Trailhead Credit Union;
- District 5: This seat is currently held by Barbara Mathey of IBEW & United Workers Federal Credit Union;
- District 8: This seat is currently held by Gayle Yost of Community Healthcare Federal Credit Union; and
- Small Asset Size: This seat is currently held by Scott Prior of Connection Credit Union.
Nominations will be accepted beginning today and must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 27. Nomination forms can be completed online at the Foundation’s website; the forms also can be downloaded and sent via email to Election Secretary Christine Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Delegation of Authority forms, which must be completed in order for a member credit union to participate in any NWCUA election or vote, will be included in emails to member credit unions this week. These forms can be downloaded from the website and mailed to Christine Duncan, ATTN: NWCUA Elections, 18000 International Blvd., Suite 350, SeaTac, WA 98188. The forms also can be faxed to Duncan at 206.340.4803.
The NWCUA’s Nomination Committee will meet June 6 to review nominees and confirm eligibility. Nominees will be notified July 1 of their eligibility; other important dates in a contested election process include:
- August 4: Voting commences;
- August 18: Voting closes;
- August 26: Election results announced to candidates and current board members; and
- August 28: Election results announced publicly in Anthem and on the NWCUA website.
Questions about this story? Contact Gary M. Stein: 503.350.2216, email@example.com
Posted in NWCUA.