Northwest Credit Union Association Seeking Nominations for Board of Directors
March 4, 2014
March 4, 2014
Nominations will soon be accepted for four seats on the Northwest Credit Union Association’s board of directors, which advises the Association as it works to promote the structure, value and impact of the credit union movement.
Seats on the 11-member board are filled on a staggered basis; the new directors will be seated at the Association’s Annual Business Meeting in October, and will serve three-year terms. Expiring seats this year include:
- District 1: This seat is currently held by Bob Newcomb, president and CEO of SELCO Community Credit Union;
- District 2: This seat is currently held by Jack Fallis, president and CEO of Global;
- District 8: This seat is currently held by Terry Belcoe, president and CEO of North Coast Credit Union; and
- Medium Asset Size: This seat is currently held by Shirley Cate, president and CEO of Providence Federal Credit Union.
Nominations will be accepted beginning Wednesday, March 12, and must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, March 31. Starting next week, nomination forms can be completed online at the NWCUA’s website; the forms also can be downloaded and sent via email to Election Secretary Christine Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Delegation of Authority forms, which must be completed in order for a member credit union to participate in any NWCUA election or vote, will be included in emails to member credit unions next week. These forms can be downloaded from the website and mailed to Christine Duncan, ATTN: NWCUA Elections, 18000 International Blvd., Suite 350, SeaTac, WA 98188. The forms also can be faxed to Duncan at 206.340.4803.
The NWCUA’s Nomination Committee will meet April 14 to review nominees and confirm eligibility. Nominees will be notified May 9 of their eligibility; other important dates in a contested election process include:
- June 23: Voting commences;
- July 14: Voting closes;
- July 22: Election results announced to candidates and current board members; and
- July 24: Election results announced publicly in Anthem and on the NWCUA website.
Questions? Contact Gary M. Stein: 503.350.2216, email@example.com.
Posted in NWCUA.