Senior Mortgage Underwriter
January 25, 2014
The Senior Underwriter will underwrite residential mortgage loan, home equity loan, and home equity line of credit applications, maintaining compliance with approved guidelines. Ensure that loans placed into the Credit Union’s loan portfolio meet established risk tolerances. Also responsible for secondary market and loan pricing functions, including rate posting, locks/commitments, loan sales/shipping, guideline compliance and quality control initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as finance or business, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of current residential real estate loan underwriting experience
- Strong knowledge of current real estate and consumer lending laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of all types of income analysis and acceptable source of funds evaluation
- Current experience with automated underwriting systems: Desktop Underwriter (FNMA) and/or Loan Prospector (Freddie Mac).
- Must be licensed in the National Mortgage Licensure System (NMLS) and be SAFE ACT compliant.
- Excellent PC skills required (Microsoft Office Suite)
- At least 2 years of secondary market experience preferred, not required
Please apply online at www.unitusccu.com/about-us/careers/
Posted in Article Post.