Member Service Officer
January 22, 2014
Since our beginnings in 1938 as an organization to serve the employees of the St. Helens Pulp and Paper Company, we have helped meet the financial needs of all those who live, work, attend school, volunteer, or worship in beautiful Columbia County. We offer a variety of financial services, programs, and products to best serve our community.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as our new full-time, non-exempt Member Service Officer (Real Estate) at our St. Helens’ location. Some of the main tasks the incumbent will be responsible for include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Delivers high quality consistent member service to members both in-person as well as by telephone in the area of consumer lending at a lending authority of Level 1 and in a variety of other credit union products.
- Receives calls and/or visitors and provides assistance to satisfy their interests in consumer lending products and services.
- Interviews member loan applicants to develop information concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition.
- Provides information on loan programs and solutions to meet member needs, and recommends loan options best suited to satisfy those needs.
- Analyzes current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Makes decisions to approve or disapprove loan within lending authority, or forwards the loan request to higher levels for decision-making, including providing highlights and/or suggestions based on initial assessment.
- Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews them with the member.
- Authorizes release of collateral on existing loans, changes in loan terms, waivers of payments, due date change, etc.
- Troubleshoots and resolves member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- Interviews new member requests, identifies members’ needs and successfully delivers credit union solutions in areas outside of consumer loans such as insurance products, new accounts, and credit cards.
- Ensures current knowledge of trends in consumer credit, credit union standards, governmental regulations, and a wide range of consumer products, services and documents at the credit union.
Participates in sales development activities, and credit union training activities.
- Contribute to meeting and exceeding department sales goals and objectives.
- Cross-sell products, including insurance products achieving assigned volume of sales.
- Analyzes existing member request for additional services and recommend services that fit their needs.
Perform Member Services Representative job duties as may be needed in support of the branch operations.
- Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denomination.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at beginning and ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, and identification.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PREFORM THIS ROLE:
- Must have at least two years of experience in working with consumer lending and credit products and services, and/or a similar related activity, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Requires a Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent in work experience.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, Outlook, and database software applications skills are required.
- Must have ability to document and maintain current notations in the collection system.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communications skills to develop trust and utilize diplomacy in conducting early stage asset recovery activities designed to motivate and influence others in sensitive financial discussions
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure, interact routinely with others face-to-face, by telephone, and through other communication methods using active listening skills and excellent teamwork.
- Must be reliable in meeting exacting or highly accurate work results, strict deadlines, and prompt and friendly service delivery.
- Requires working with others in a group or team and the ability to remain flexible despite interruptions and/or routine changes to priorities and/or job duties.
- Must be available to work Monday through Saturday schedule and be bondable.
- Requires ability to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a routine basis.
Come join our team! Apply for the Member Service Officer today!
Posted in Article Post.