VP Lending Operations
January 17, 2014
The goal of this role is to deliver a consistent & compliant consumer and home loan underwriting, processing and servicing experience across all delivery channels. This is a senior leadership role responsible for strategic planning & execution; profitability; compliance and loan quality; as well as member retention. This leader must maintain a thorough knowledge of underwriting guidelines, credit union operating procedures, all loan products, and credit union risk and profitability goals. This is a highly collaborative role which requires the ability to liaison between multiple credit union departments, is responsive to executive management requirements and operates in prescribed budget. This leader is highly member-focused and hands-on while insuring that staff consistently provides high levels of member service. Leads strong operational strategy and guides operational initiatives. Reports to the SVP, CLO – Consumer Channels.
This position is responsible for all loan quality and growth goals which includes developing and administering underwriting guidelines; streamlining and creating consistent processes for loan originations and servicing; managing vendor and dealer relationships; and recruiting, hiring, training and managing teams of new and existing staff to maximize operational efficiency across all product sets and delivery channels. Keeps abreast of emerging trends, market and regulatory changes and participates at a volunteer level within the communities we serve. Directly manages the Underwriting; Processing; Funding; Closing; and Servicing staff. The scope includes Direct and Indirect secured loans, credit cards, personal loans and lines of credit, and all real estate secured loans.
The ideal candidate will have extensive underwriting and lending operational experience with a broad array of consumer and home loan products. They will have a solid track record of ensuring processes are efficient, compliant and well documented, meeting department, company and government-regulated audit and compliance requirements, including: pipeline reports, loan submission and approval on the loan system, HMDA reports, Reg. X disclosures, and Reg. Z financial data. They will have experience in a key leadership role, developing and executing on strategies that grow loan volume as well as grow highly effective teams.
- Minimum 10 years in lending / Minimum 5 years in a lending leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related preferred
- Demonstrated success leading managers and support teams to successful achievement of goals
- In depth knowledge of secured and unsecured loan operations and loan underwriting
- Broad knowledge of real estate and consumer lending processes and regulatory requirements
- Experience managing P&L, goal setting, underwriting, compliance, and staffing
- Ability to assist in remedy of deficiencies when appropriate
- Contract negotiations & Vendor management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills both written and orally
In addition to competitive pay, Columbia’s generous benefits include paid employee medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, PTO, and 401(k)
Apply online at www.columbiacu.org, or mail completed application and resume to Columbia Credit Union, Attn: HR, PO Box 324, Vancouver, WA 98666 or fax to (360) 619-3202.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA
Posted in Article Post.