Sr. Manager of Payments
January 16, 2014
The Senior Manager of Payments is responsible for developing and implementing BECU’s Payments strategy to ensure that the credit union has defined its competitive payments positioning, as well as its strategies for protecting and leveraging that position. This person will ensure that BECU offers the highest quality products, services and member value in the payments space while fostering a culture that promotes empowerment, growth and a collaborative spirit.
- Ability to facilitate and motivate a cross-functional team of professionals for planning purposes (both operating and strategic) and serve as a resource on Payments issues.
- Ability to manage the research, planning, and implementation of new projects and programs.
- Excellent PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, and outside contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure personnel/member-related issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Proficient math skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Vision (or corrected) to the normal range.
- Moderate travel by car and/or public conveyance for trips at some out of area locations, statewide or overseas.
- Keep available a company provided cellular telephone for use in emergencies and disaster recovery.
- B.A. or B.S. in a related field or equivalent work or education-related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the Payments industry. Experience in a strategy leadership role in a financial institution, retailer or Payments organization preferred.
- Experience in cross-functional and/or cross-delivery channel project management in the Payments arena, with an understanding of financial services required.
BECU reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Please apply on line at: https://www.becu.org/careers
Posted in Article Post.