Member Consultant Roles
January 16, 2014
We have many Member Consultant openings in the Puget Sound Region, please see the BECU website for specific locations on the careers page.
The Member Consultant is responsible for providing the highest level of service while developing and expanding relationships by cross-selling all products and services, and demonstrating remote access channels. The Member Consultant must maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Credit Union departments, products, services, policies and procedures to provide accurate information to all members and prospective members while negotiating resolution of complex inquiries and disputes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with members and potential members in a sales environment.
- Ability to effectively promote, demonstrate and cross sell the products and services of the Credit Union.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to present a professional image to members, management, staff and other contacts.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Proficient math skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability for departmental and Credit Union changes.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks by prioritizing job responsibilities.
- Additional hours required as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the Membership.
- Combined sitting, standing and moving throughout the workday to accomplish tasks.
- Vision (or corrected) to normal range.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in sales oriented, financial or retail customer service environment required.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
(Consultants with Lending Authority)
- Successful completion of the consumer loans and member service training program with a minimum of two years’ experience as a Member Consultant (including loan interviewing, funding and processing) within BECU or another financial institution, meeting all requirements of that position at a fully satisfactory level or higher.
- Lending authority may only be obtained as business need necessitates.
BECU reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Please apply on line at: https://www.becu.org/careers
Posted in Article Post.