IT Business Analyst
January 16, 2014
The Business Analyst is responsible for application and technical support, including leveraging the functionality of the application(s), management of the vendor relationship, maintaining a professional working relationship with the end users of the applications, serving as the highest level of troubleshooting expertise and technical competency for BECU.
This person will be a self-motivated individual, display leadership, forward thinking, capable of operating both in the strategic and tactical level.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement projects and in accordance with the BECU and industry project management methodologies.
- Working knowledge of client server concepts.
- Familiar with various technologies used within the IT areas and the IT industry.
- Knowledge of software testing SDLC practices and quality assurance techniques.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, management, and vendors.
- Excellent computer related and developmental skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Occasional travel and the ability to adapt to flexible work hours to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects. Weekend work may be required.
- Will be required to be on call and carry a personal pager and/or cell phone for 24×7 coverage.
- Ability to sit or stand within proximity of PC/terminal for extended periods of time.
- Vision (or corrected) to the normal range.
- B.A. degree in computer science, IT, business or equivalent work or educational experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working with financial institution software applications.
- Certification in applicable applications, or continuing education towards certification.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience as a sales engineer or Sr. Level Account Rep preferred.
BECU reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Please apply on line at: https://www.becu.org/careers
Posted in Article Post.