Phone Sales Consultant
January 15, 2014
Within the context of Central Willamette’s Statement on Sales Culture; provide ethical, professional, friendly, quality service to our members. Acting as a personal phone sales consultant, anticipate and meet the financial needs and expectation of our members within the scope of our products and services as permitted by law and policy. Be an ambassador for the Credit Union’s products and services via the telephone. Work closely with the Indirect Department to market and sell products and services to new and existing members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct telephone sales calls to our members, welcoming them to our Credit Union and selling them additional products and services within the context of Central Willamette’s Statement on Sales Culture.
- Evaluate member needs and aggressively seek out and suggest opportunities that best meet the needs of the member.
- Meet target goals as outlined in the incentive plan.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products and services and be able to communicate services effectively to members.
- Maintain an understanding of products and services offered by Central Willamette Financial Services Organization (CUSO) for the purpose of advising members of available CUSO services and referring them to the CUSO when appropriate.
- Professionally refer members who need direct contact to a Financial Service Consultant, to maximize member convenience and individual attention.
- Develop relationships with members and ensure their on-going satisfaction with the Credit Union.
- Meet target contact, and sales goals.
- Provide meaningful member feedback concerning Credit Union products and services.
- Provide regular on-going feedback to the Phone Sales Manager and Community Sales Director regarding the activities, status, and needs of the department.
- Process and review loan and savings applications and other incoming documentations for completeness and required signatures.
- Counsel members on checking/savings account products and assist them in the opening of these accounts.
- Counsel members on the advantages and costs of loan protection insurance (i.e., MBI, GAP, Disability, Life, and Equity Safe).
- Counsel members on IRA products and process IRA applications and related transactions.
- Counsel members on Real Estate products and provide members materials and assist in the initiation of Real Estate transactions.
- Educate members on the use of Credit Union technology (i.e., Audre’, plastic cards, ATM, text banking, mobile banking, CU Online).
- Counsel members in other financial areas such as general credit matters, terms, rates, changes in payment, and release or substitution of collateral.
- Cooperate and work with co?workers as a team member.
- Promote, cross?sell, and counsel members on Credit Union products and services in a professional consistent manner.
- Comply with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations as promulgated by among others NCUA, FinCEN, US Treasury, FTC, Federal Reserve Bank, Oregon State Department of Consumer & Business-Division of Finance & Corporate Securities to include but not be limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act, FACT Act of 2003, Federal Reserve Regulations, Oregon Revised Statutes 723, and Oregon Administrative Rules 710 & 720.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess previous sales skills and abilities.
- Excellent telephone communication skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Must be goal oriented with a strong desire to exceed established expectations.
- Strong desire to market and sell Credit Union products and services.
- Effectively able to manage multiple projects and work through constant interruptions.
- Able to manage schedule with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Ability to flex your schedule to meet the needs of members.
- Working knowledge of current State, Federal, and other regulations applicable to consumer lending and savings.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Valid driver’s license and automotive insurance required.
- Reliable personal transportation.
- Must be bondable.
Central Willamette is a Values based organization. We are fully committed to 5 core Values – RESPECT, INTEGRITY, ETHICS, COMPASSION, and HUMOR. We believe the continual and constant assertion of these Values will ensure that our Brand; our promise, position, performance and personality, will be clearly demonstrated as we fulfill our Purpose. Our Purpose is to enrich the communities of the central WillametteValley by providing superior financial products, services and opportunities. This is our quest, our passion and our vision. Our Purpose becomes reality only with 100% participation and commitment from every member of our team to live by our Values. As an employee of Central Willamette, it is a job requirement to fully embrace our Values based culture. It is an expectation that your time, energy, attention and passion will be directed to the fulfillment of our Purpose by adhering to our Values. All employee activities fall under the umbrella of our Values based culture making it vitally important that you fully embrace the Values in order to be successful at Central Willamette.
Please email a letter of qualifications along with a detailed resume to CU-Resumes@centralwcu.org
Central Willamette Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted in Article Post.