Financial Services Consultant
January 15, 2014
Within the context of Central Willamette’s Statement on Sales Culture, provide ethical, professional, friendly, quality service to our members. Acting as a personal financial sales consultant, anticipate and meet the financial needs and expectations of our members within the scope of our products and services as permitted by law and policy. Serve as the member’s single sales contact for all Credit Union offered financial products at times convenient to the member. Make outbound calls during slow or inactive periods to promote products and services based on potential needs and Credit Union goals and objectives. Work to market services to existing members and attract new members from both existing and new Select Employer Groups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a member’s personal financial advocate who, reviews member information, evaluates member needs and aggressively seeks out and suggests opportunities that best meet the needs of the member.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products and services and be able to communicate services effectively to members.
- Maintain an understanding of products and services offered by Central Willamette Credit Union Service Organization (CUSO) for the purpose of advising members of available services and referring them to the CUSO when appropriate.
- Work closely with the Branch Manager to market services to existing members and attract new members.
- Act as a personal Financial Service Consultant (FSC) to our members within the context of Central Willamette’s Statement on Sales Culture.
- Meet with members at times of their choosing in safe, professional settings, to maximize member convenience and individual attention.
- Develop relationships as a single point of contact for appropriate members and ensure their on-going satisfaction with the Credit Union.
- Meet target sales and loan goals as required.
- Provide meaningful member feedback concerning Credit Union products and services.
- Provide regular on?going feedback to the Branch Manager regarding the activities, status, and needs of the department.
- Process and review loan and savings applications and other incoming documentation for completeness and required signatures.
- Counsel members on the different checking and savings accounts the Credit Union offers.
- Counsel members on the advantages and costs of loan protection insurance (i.e. MBP, Gap, Disability, Life, EquitySafe).
- Counsel members on IRA products and process IRA applications and related transactions.
- Counsel members on Real Estate products and provide members materials and assist in the initiation of Real Estate transactions.
- Counsel members in other financial areas such as general credit matters and how to build credit or repair credit.
- Research and resolve member complaints, questions and inquiries.
- Inspect consumer loan collateral items. Determine the value and financing ability of collateral.
- When necessary to support Financial Service Associates (FSAs), educate members on the use of Credit Union technology (i.e., Audre’, plastic cards, ATM, text banking, mobile banking and CU Online).
- Coordinate with FSA for the production of correspondence and miscellaneous reports.
- Cooperate and work with co?workers as a team member.
- Comply with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations as promulgated by among others NCUA, FinCEN, US Treasury, FTC, Federal Reserve Bank, Oregon State Department of Consumer & Business-Division of Finance & Corporate Securities to include but not be limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act, FACT Act of 2003, Federal Reserve Regulations, Oregon Revised Statutes 723, and Oregon Administrative Rules 710 & 720.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess previous sales skills and abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be goal oriented with a strong desire to exceed established expectations.
- Strong desire to market and sell Credit Union products and services.
- Effectively able to manage multiple projects and work through constant interruptions.
- Ability to flex schedule to meet the needs of members, to include working weekends and evenings.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of current State, Federal, and other regulations applicable to consumer lending and savings.
- Valid driver’s license and automotive insurance required, as well as reliable personal transportation.
- Must be bondable.
Central Willamette is a Values based organization. We are fully committed to 5 core Values – RESPECT, INTEGRITY, ETHICS, COMPASSION, and HUMOR. We believe the continual and constant assertion of these Values will ensure that our Brand; our promise, position, performance and personality, will be clearly demonstrated as we fulfill our Purpose. Our Purpose is to enrich the communities of the central WillametteValley by providing superior financial products, services and opportunities. This is our quest, our passion and our vision. Our Purpose becomes reality only with 100% participation and commitment from every member of our team to live by our Values. As an employee of Central Willamette, it is a job requirement to fully embrace our Values based culture. It is an expectation that your time, energy, attention and passion will be directed to the fulfillment of our Purpose by adhering to our Values. All employee activities fall under the umbrella of our Values based culture making it vitally important that you fully embrace the Values in order to be successful at Central Willamette.
Please email a letter of qualifications along with a detailed resume to CU-Resumes@centralwcu.org
Central Willamette Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted in Article Post.