Business Lending Assistant
January 15, 2014
Position Primary Purpose:
Assist and support the Business Lending department by performing various administrative and technical duties.
- Assist work flow supervisor and department by performing administrative duties, such as filing, scanning, and routing office correspondence.
- Perform routine loan maintenance, input and verification of codes and detail information.
- Complete insurance verification, tracking and follow-up.
- Input, monitor and track commercial loan applications on a monthly basis.
- Ensure timely annual reviews and document performance against covenants and conditions.
- Ensure the department is compliant with all policies, procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Works recurring reports. Builds and monitors special reports as needed for Business Group to monitor risk and realize opportunities and aid in department.
- Ensures the department adheres to all regulations, policies and procedures.
- Acts as secondary primary point of contact for all internal and external audits and ensures satisfactory audit results.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the procedures relating to the opening and servicing of deposit accounts and loans our software systems.
- Actively participates in the training of frontline and back-office staff.
- Assists with administrative tasks such as timecards, expense reports, interviews, etc.
- Assists with maintenance monthly reports.
- Maintains contact and develops relationships with Vendors. Continually apprise the Director of Member Business Lending with any issues, concerns or opportunities.
- Consistently responds to all correspondences, e-mails and phone calls in a timely manner.
- May perform administrative duties as requested by the Chief Lending Officer.
- Increases experience through continued exposure to all phases of department operations.
- Provides continuing support to branches and other departments with regard to all aspects of business lending.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and work in other departments and branches as required.
Previous Experience: Working knowledge of business lending and deposit procedures, policies and guidelines; one to two years’ experience in a detail oriented position within a financial institution.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Courses related to finance would be valuable.
- Maintains consistent high standards in areas of accuracy, thoroughness, completeness, and neatness of documentation, system input and correspondence.
- Strong, well developed interpersonal, communication and interviewing skills to determine existing and/or potential members’ needs. Demonstrated ability to communicate with members in a professional manner which will enhance the Credit Union’s overall image.
- Ability to organize work in order to give prompt attention to member’s request, while at the same time meeting deadlines for work processing.
- Demonstrated skills in member related account transactions. Ability to interpret and explain Credit Union policies and transactions posted to members’ accounts.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team or on individual tasks and assignments.
- Capability for effective use of office machines and data processing systems to perform duties as required.
Continuous sitting for long periods of time when providing services to members and carrying out other responsibilities. Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds. Frequent bending, squatting, or kneeling to reach supplies on ground level. Occasional reaching above shoulder level for supplies overhead. Continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists; finger dexterity to perform various clerical duties such as typing, writing, and handling money. Continuous speaking and hearing for interaction with members and coworkers. Continuous clarity of vision at 20 inches or less for normal processing of members’ transactions. Frequent clarity of vision at 20 feet or more for security purposes.
Continuous alertness, precision, and concentration to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of documentation and transactions. Continuous alertness of surroundings for security purposes. Continuous performance of basic numeric calculations, as well as writing, reading, comparing, and analyzing. Occasional performance of complex numeric calculations. Frequent use of judgment, reasoning, patience, and negotiation in solving members’ problems and cross selling services. Frequent use of initiative, ingenuity, and creativity in identifying members’ needs and solving members’ problems. Continuous memory demands in recalling Credit Union policies, services, and state and federal regulations.
Length of workday is unpredictable. May have to work extended hours because of computer failure or unusually heavy member traffic. Exposed to potentially hazardous condition, i.e., robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk. Occasional travel may be required.
Posted in Article Post.