Indirect Lending Specialist
January 10, 2014
To increase the Credit Union’s portfolio of loans and other financial services initiated though relationships with auto dealers and other retail businesses capable of extending OCCU’s services to members and potential members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Calls on area dealerships and retail businesses to establish and maintain indirect lending channels. Promotes OCCU’s loan service and other financial services among dealer/retail network. Monitors the program and acts as a liaison between the Credit Union and dealer/retail network.
Contacts members, especially new members, to review their experience with the auto dealer/retailer, reviews member credit files looking for additional credit service opportunities where appropriate, and cross sells other financial services where appropriate.
Processes and audits approved indirect loans submitted by auto dealers and retailers.
Interviews and assists members with applications for loans; gathering all necessary information in preparation for review by an underwriter.
Identifies areas where existing credit union programs may be improved or enhanced and identifies new market areas and product types that may be profitably introduced to the dealer/retail network.
Maintains and reports on dealer/retail network activity monthly. Provides explanation for exceptions to plan.
- To meet or exceed operational objectives with respect to loan growth from dealer/retailer network.
- To meet or exceed operational objectives with respect to cross selling of additional credit services and other financial services.
- To suffer no losses as a result of operational problems with the program, either in loan write-offs, new business or dealer/retailer relationships.
- To meet planned growth objectives for the dealer/retailer network with respect to the number of dealers and volume of business they represent within our field of membership.
- To maintain a reputation as a quality partner within the dealer/retailer network.
- To maintain a professional appearance at all times.
Knowledge and Skills:
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Must be a reliable team player and supportive of OCCU goals and decisions as they relate to incumbent’s job. Is able to work without on site supervision in following priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing job duties. Represents OCCU in a professional manner.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position
Must be highly motivated and willing to work flexible hours. Previous indirect lending experience is preferred. Competitive salary DOE, and benefit package.
Applications can be found online at www.ourcu.com under About Us Tab. Mail Application and Resume to: OCCU,
P O Box 1670, Shelton, WA 98584 attn: HR Department
Posted in Article Post.