VP Wealth Management
January 9, 2014
Come join a PBS and Associates “Best Place to Work” award winning organization as VP of Wealth Management. Columbia Credit Union serves nearly one in every three households with $948 million in assets. Join our respected professionals voted “Clark County’s #1 Financial Institution” and “Best in Business” providing investment and insurance services exclusively to Columbia Credit Union members.
This VP of Wealth Management will act as the Program Manager and primary contact between Columbia Credit Union and Cetera Advisor Networks, LLC. The position will lead and direct the department’s operations and service levels of Advisors’ sales activities of non-deposit investments and insurance products including commission and advisory, fee-based programs. The position will guide the department to provide a valuable service to members and a compliant, positive financial return for Columbia Credit Union.
The VP of Wealth Management is responsible for the development and implementation of non-deposit investment and insurance strategies and associated tactics. The service level management and sales supervision operates through Columbia Credit Union’s non-platform model, commission and advisory, dual capacity employee program with an outsourced Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction. The position is responsible for consistent adherence to audit and compliance requirements, reviewing FINRA/ SEC and State examination reports, broker dealer’s audits, and findings of internal audit reports, for consistent compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The VP of Wealth Management will remain current with industry trends and innovations related to non-deposit investments and insurance best practices around the sales of broker dealer approved products such as stocks, bonds, exchange traded funds, mutual funds, annuities, long term care and life insurance.
The position requires someone who’s worked within a financial institution, who’s able to mentor Advisors to make appropriate referrals back to other areas of the Credit Union. The individual will be expected to train and mentor Advisors to identify and successfully migrate appropriate commission-based clients to Advisory. As product manager for all internal and external department communication and advertising, the VP of Wealth Management will approve all communication and ensure broker dealer approval process is followed, and documentation is adequately archived, for audit and compliance purposes.
The VP of Wealth Management will be responsible for employee development including appraisals, development plans and mentoring to develop and recommend strategies and underlying tactics to achieve Columbia Credit Union’s core purpose, Making Life Better, through sales supervision of non-deposit investment and insurance products.
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree, 10 plus years’ non-deposit investment and insurance experience with a minimum 6 years’ sales management experience. Maintain positive FINRA, BrokerCheck, disclosure events relative to years of experience.
- Life and Health Insurance licensed, Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required. Series 24 would be a plus. Certified Financial Planner certification is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Highly skilled on MS Office Suite of products on a windows environment including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Prior experience with RedTail CRM, Docupace e-documents and archiving, and Remit Pro remote deposit capture is preferred.
- Proven ability to motivate staff and make sound business decisions.
- Highly effective, results oriented leadership talents and skills including strong problem solving, planning and organization skills
In addition to competitive pay, Columbia’s generous benefits include paid employee medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, PTO, and 401(k)
Apply online at www.columbiacu.org, or mail completed application and resume to Columbia Credit Union, Attn: HR, PO Box 324, Vancouver, WA 98666 or fax to (360) 619-3202.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA
Posted in Article Post.