Contact Center Representative
January 8, 2014
Are you a leader? Do you believe in Cooperation?
Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles:
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Role at SMCU
Provides effective and efficient service to membership in all operations over the telephone while following the Credit Union policies, procedures and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for answering incoming calls promptly and in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Processes most member transactions.
- Provides information and applicable forms concerning products and services.
- Interviews members to analyze and determine members’ needs.
- Verifies and processes member phone requests for transactions in accordance with the Credit Union’s procedures.
- Balances Teller ID at end of each business day.
- Supports, promotes and cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
- Functions as a troubleshooter to calm angry members and solve the problem.
- Maintains required records.
- Assist members with requests and trouble shoots issues concerning the website and Teller line.
- Assist members with online banking and the bill pay service.
- Corresponds to e-mail inquiries, comments & concerns.
- Process all transactions from online banking delivery system.
- Provides branch support regarding online banking.
- Maintains a product referral rate in accordance with department goals
- Maintains a Quality Loop satisfaction rating in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- Demonstrate effective service interactions using the Service Interaction and Handling Objectives Model.
- Maintains knowledge of SMCU’s Bank Secrecy Act policy, procedures, and practices to meet compliance requirements.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Extended periods of time on the telephone required.
- May be required to work Saturday hours.
- May be subject to call monitoring (either silent or side-by-side).
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings.
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies such as boxes of copy paper, transaction receipts, computer paper, and checks up to 50 lbs.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations such as Reg. B, Reg. E, Reg. D, Reg. CC, Reg Z, and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Accurate 10-key skills.
- Accurate keyboarding/typing skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong people and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to operate various office equipment including computer terminals.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Must maintain very satisfactory attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Minimum one year experience in a credit union or other financial institution preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please visit https://www.smcu.com/about/employmentto see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop
Posted in Article Post.