Chief Technology Officer
January 6, 2014
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
GRADE LEVEL: Executive
FACILITY: Administrative Office
SUPERVISES: IT Staff
The Chief Technology Officer is responsible for the long-term strategic direction and implementation of technology. This position provides leadership in technology and business analysis to maximize the credit union’s efficiency, ensure a high level of member service, ensure regulatory compliance, safeguard and secure our systems, and provide focus on the future direction of this function. This role directs and manages information technology’s strategic plan, policies, programs and schedules that support the achievement of Verity’s strategic objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish and implement short-range and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Direct the information and data integrity of the Verity and its subsidiaries.
- Develop and implement strategic plan that ensure the technology needs that support Verity’s strategic objectives are being met.
- Evaluate overall operations of information technology functions and recommend enhancements.
- Work effectively with other members of the Executive Team and Verity’s Board of Directors in the establishment of strategic priorities.
- Prepare enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
- Effectively communicate with all Verity employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing credit union goals.
- Responsible for ensuring vendor relationships are achieving desired results.
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Assess and develop information technology staff to ensure a high level of performance throughout the department.
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced at Verity.
- Assess new technologies to determine potential value for the credit union.
- Oversee ongoing improvements and the feasibility of system enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 7 years industry related experience in all phases of computer operations
- BS degree in Computer Science and/or related degree strongly desired.
- Advanced degree or corresponding certifications preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Strong project management skills to oversee the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team leader.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
Verity Credit Union will reasonably accommodate the physical aspects of its position. The following are some physical considerations for this position:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse realm of membership, fellow employees and vendors
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Ability to lift PCs and other equipment
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
Posted in Article Post.