Branch Manager III
January 6, 2014
Successful candidates will have proven managerial skills and excellent communication. Duties are planning and directing branch teller operations, member service, lending, security, hiring and training staff and regulatory compliance. Successful candidates will have proven managerial skills and excellent communication. Degree or equivalent work experience in a financial institution or related industry preferred. We offer a full benefits package including meddenvis and a 401k plan. Fax resume with salary requirements to 907-586-5904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Juneau Branch
Reports to: AVP of Operations
Approved by: PR
FLSA Basis: Executive
To direct the operations of a large sized branch withour regional executive support or of multiple Credit Union facilities, ensuring the branch meets organizational, financial, operational, service, and growth plans. This position has lending authority.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- 30% – Hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work of branch personnel: conducts performance reviews; allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies department recommendations from subordinates.
- 20% – Monitors consumer lending in the branch for efficiency, service and compliance. May underwrite loans within prescribed lending authority.
- 15% – Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- 10% – Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial institutions and similar groups.
- 10% – Maintains communications with main office; prepares and submits standard reports; attends scheduled management meetings.
- 10% – Monitors all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established Credit Union policies and procedures.
- 5% – Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. Maintain a cohesive, highly trained, motivated staff sufficient to meet daily branch demands.
2. Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
3. Maintain or exceed annual budgeted branch operating and growth plan while maintaining or ?improving the financial stability of the branch.
4. Develop and maintain business partner relationships with the community and area schools by ?calling on potential SEG’s and coordinating branch participation in community activities.
5. Effectively evaluate the efficiency of the branch and develop specific recommendations for ?improvements to personnel, facilities, products, pricing, policies, and processes.
6. Promote a service culture within the branch by example. Coach and develop employees to identify ?cross service and sales opportunities.
7. Ensure recovery of all critical branch functions for business contingency within recovery times set ?by business constraints or disaster recovery plan.
8. Note observations of employee performance. Give and receive feedback from employee, ?completing performance reviews within the prescribed timeframe.
9. Compliance with all training requirements and deadlines as mandated by True North policy and ?federal banking regulations.
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A two year college degree or
- Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or
- Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear; and keyboard 50% or more of the time. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be exposed to a potentially hazardous condition (robbery). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The office is smoke free and may be non-air-conditioned.
Posted in Article Post.