Registered Administrative Investment Assistant
December 31, 2013
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a dynamic Registered Administrative Investment Assistant to support our highly successful team of advisors. This position helps to generate revenue by servicing and selling new services to existing members in the investment services arena as a niche player within the purpose, vision, and mission of the overall Credit Union. They act as a liaison between back office, LPL, advisors and clients. They also assist all advisors in processing applications, trades and communication between LPL and compliance. Must hold current securities Series 6 or 7 license plus Oregon State 63 or 65 license and have a minimum of 3 years of experience. Currently OCCU pays 100% for employee Health, Disability, Dental and Vision coverage* (contact us for specific benefit information). OCCU pays a competitive base salary and a 401K match is provided after eligibility provisions are met. If you have a desire to be part of a company that has strong core values, a vision for success, and goals to support our members and community, then OCCU may be right for you. Applications are held in strict confidence.
- Act as a trusted advisor in all interactions with members and potential members. Meet with clients when appropriate to determine appropriate options, financial planning scenarios and direct member to the correct Senior Advisor or Team member that should handle the client. Promote Oregon Community Investment Services Team approach, products and services. Continually seek to increase asset base of Oregon Community Investment Services.
- Develop internal and external referral sources through participation in Credit Union events, community activities, and participation in seminars and professional groups. Maintain the current network of external experts to provide business and legal advice to promote the success of the department. Maintain positive business relations with third party vendors.
- Have a full understanding of Branchnet and the correct applications of communications to process all issues in a timely manner. Candidate needs to run and develop spreadsheets to track vital information for the IS department. Must be able to correctly code and input sensitive data including deposits into Branchnet on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate client account records in accordance with applicable regulations and Oregon Community Credit Union procedures.
- Assist the Team with the logistics for member educational seminars that promote the sale and use of Oregon Community Investment Services products and services. Material content and location must have prior approval.
- Understand Oregon Community Credit Union’s products and services, and actively recommend appropriate products and services to achieve Oregon Community Credit Union’s goals.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Three years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a college degree and a professional certificate or a graduate degree. Must currently hold a 6 or 7 Securities License and an Oregon 63 or 65 License.
Posted in Article Post.