Member Loan Center Member Service Representative
December 31, 2013
Unitus Community Credit Union currently has an opening for a full-time Member Service Representative 2 Funder in our Member Loan Center. This position is located in downtown Portland at 1300 SW 6th Ave. The Member Service Representative 2 applies excellent member service practices to interview existing and potential members by phone to explain specific products, services and policies, including membership eligibility requirements. Identifies specific needs as well as cross-sells products and services. May specialize in consumer loan processing, title desk duties or quality assurance. This position focuses on funding loans.
- Gather needed information from members to open new loan accounts, prepare paperwork, assist in signing process, verify information and ensure all new loans are processed properly. Enter necessary notations in member information system.
- Consumer/Equity loan interviewing to support lending functions in conformance with credit union policies and guidelines including: interview loan applicants by telephone or in person, gather relevant loan information, explain loan products, rates, terms and collateral requirements. Evaluate members’ needs based on information provided and proactively provide appropriate solutions, including the cross sales of credit union products pertaining to their needs.
- May specialize and cross train in one or more of the following functions:
- Consumer loan processing: Review and assemble necessary documentation to complete a consumer loan. Prepare final documents and deliver to branch for member signing. Disburse accordingly and perform quality control.
- Title desk duties including but not limited to, title processing and collateral perfection, paid off notes, titles received, any and all title issues.
- Quality Assurance: Audit completed MLC loan files, verify rates, terms and proper authorization of exceptions.
- Routine problem resolution. Resolve matters for members and the credit union in a frank yet tactful manner by collecting data, securing answers, following up on details and discussing sensitive personal financial circumstances on the telephone.
- Make outbound calls to notify members regarding their qualification for applied loans including discussing loan denials and educating members on how to improve their credit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Limited staff training.
- Quality control functions
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services handled or promoted by Member Services and Credit Services as well as all related credit union guidelines, policies, and procedures, including state and federal regulations.
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication, member service, human relation, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions, and tact appropriate course of action.
- Two-year degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a financial institution required. Solid working knowledge of consumer lending laws and regulations including collecting on past due loans and educating members on how to improve their credit.
For immediate consideration please apply online at www.unitusccu.com/about-us/careers/
Posted in Article Post.