Financial Services Specialist – Lending
December 26, 2013
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
GRADE LEVEL: 3
FACILITY: Northgate Headquarters
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SALARY: $30,000-35,000 / year + commissions + bonuses + great benefits!
The Financial Services Specialist will establish new memberships and deepen relationships with existing members through mortgage and consumer loan channels. This position is primarily responsible for driving sales activities and generating more loan business by engaging in outbound sales activities, fielding incoming mortgage origination calls, cross-selling consumer lending products to leads generated by the mortgage department (1003’s, credit reports) as well as generating mortgage leads from other credit union departments. You will be the liaison between Verity’s mortgage department and consumer lending department as well as work with the Mortgage Relationship Officer on developing new mortgage growth strategies to meet and exceed credit union goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Originate new mortgage purchase and refinance applications
- Cross sale consumer lending products off of funded, denied and abandoned mortgage applications as well as uncover mortgage leads from other Credit Union departments
- Support the mortgage department in member follow-up on incomplete applications
- Provide rate quotes and loan analysis for Credit Union members
- Help promote and facilitate home buying seminars
- Meet and exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing promotions
- Maintain knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed
- Identify issues of concern and contribute ideas toward the Credit Union vision
- Off-hour events and commitments may be expected
- Adhere to established security procedures
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Attending the job during regular business hours is a requirement of this position
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent. (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, finance, communication, or 3 to 5 years related experience (highly desirable)
- 3+ years of experience working in mortgage lending strongly preferred
- 3+ years of sales experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong phone sales, business development skills and consultative selling skills along with ability to track sales activity and provide reports of progress
- Ability to work independently and with a team along with levels of credit union staff and management
- Knowledge of various types of mortgage loans and residential loan documentation
- Ability to present positive and professional image while communicating effectively over the phone and in written communication
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in handling confidential information
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as other MS Office platforms (Word, Outlook)
- Resourcefulness and ability to effectively meet Credit Union goals
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Effectively communicate with diverse staff, members, and vendors
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Ability to travel within a assigned market
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
Posted in Article Post.