Assistant Manager Branch Operations
December 14, 2013
As a member of the Leadership Team this position is responsible for providing valuable insights, information, ideas and expert opinions necessary to support the strategic direction and business plan objectives. Responsible for motivating, empowering and impassioning staff in a manner consistent with the Credit Union’s Purpose and philosophy; to create a culture where staff understand they are the key to our success and have a personally vested interest in the Credit Union. Under the general direction of the Branch Manager, provide supervision, direction and leadership to all sales and referral staff within the branch by motivating, coaching and holding them accountable to the goals outlined for the branch. Provide ongoing technical training as necessary, as well as providing a team concept through out the branch supporting our financial goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Carry out the duties of the Branch Manager in their absence.
Provide leadership to, and daily management of, the member service functions of the Credit Union. Acting as a role model for appropriate behavior, genuinely participate in the decision-making process of the Credit Union’s future while helping staff to recognize and understand the reasoning behind leadership decisions.
- Assist in sales coaching/training and technical training to sales and referral staff.
- Evaluate individual performance and provide frequent feedback to the Branch Manager. Recommend promotions, transfers, terminations and/or other changes to the Branch Manager.
- Analyze the work flow of the member services structure in all areas, and recommend changes to improve efficiency and reduce costs to the Branch Manager.
- Manage the day to day operations with in the branch.
- As necessary act as a Greeter, Teller, Financial Service Associate or a Financial Service Consultant.
- Provide coverage and support to other branches as needed and assigned.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products and services and the legal, regulatory and compliance issues that may affect them.
- Maintain an understanding of products and services offered by Central Willamette’s Credit Union Service Organization (CUSO) for the purpose of advising members of available services and referring them to the CUSO when appropriate.
- Prepare reports, gather information and make presentations as necessary and directed.
- Develop relationships and solve problems for members and ensure their on-going satisfaction with the Credit Union.
- Work on various Member Service Reports.
- Monitor Q2 Central (Online Banking).
- Ensure employees participate in Credit Union training programs.
- Cooperate and work with co?workers as a team member.
- Comply with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations as promulgated by among others NCUA, FinCEN, US Treasury, FTC, Federal Reserve Bank, Oregon State Department of Consumer & Business-Division of Finance & Corporate Securities to include but not be limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act, FACT Act of 2003, Federal Reserve Regulations, Oregon Revised Statutes 723, and Oregon Administrative Rules 710 & 720.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Two years prior sales management experience required.
- Strong leadership and development skills to effectively train and motivate staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be goal oriented with a strong desire to exceed established expectations.
- Strong desire to market and sell Credit Union products and services.
- Effectively able to manage multiple projects and work through constant interruptions.
- Ability to flex schedule to meet the needs of members.
- High level of computer literacy with full understanding of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Working knowledge of current State, Federal, and other regulations applicable to consumer lending and savings.
- Valid driver’s license and automotive insurance required.
- Must be bondable.
Central Willamette is a Values based organization. We are fully committed to 5 core Values – RESPECT, INTEGRITY, ETHICS, COMPASSION, and HUMOR. We believe the continual and constant assertion of these Values will ensure that our Brand; our promise, position, performance and personality, will be clearly demonstrated as we fulfill our Purpose. Our Purpose is to enrich the communities of the central WillametteValley by providing superior financial products, services and opportunities. This is our quest, our passion and our vision. Our Purpose becomes reality only with 100% participation and commitment from every member of our team to live by our Values. As an employee of Central Willamette, it is a job requirement to fully embrace our Values based culture. It is an expectation that your time, energy, attention and passion will be directed to the fulfillment of our Purpose by adhering to our Values. All employee activities fall under the umbrella of our Values based culture making it vitally important that you fully embrace the Values in order to be successful at Central Willamette.
Please email a letter of qualifications along with a detailed resume to CU-Resumes@centralwcu.org
Central Willamette Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted in Article Post.