Mortgage Lending Manager
December 13, 2013
Unitus Community Credit Union has an opening for a Mortgage Lending Manager. Responsible for the overall management and asset quality of the credit union’s mortgage loan portfolio. In addition, this person will assist the Assistant Vice President of Credit Services in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling mortgage lending to ensure proper quality and quantity of lending, member satisfaction, and professionalism.
- Evaluate individual performance, hire staff, and provide training and development as appropriate.
- Recommend changes to loan policy and/or underwriting guidelines to continually ensure the quality and effectiveness of overall lending activities to include discontinuation of certain member products and services or the addition of new products and services, based on member needs. Coordinate, test, implement and maintain new programs/procedures and system changes.
- Educate members, realtors, builders, community groups, and Credit Union staff on available mortgage programs and the benefits of home ownership.
- Ensure that written procedures exist for all functions within area of responsibility, and ensure compliance with the various federal and state regulations associated with the Credit Union’s lending program.
- Partner with Internal Audit staff to control loan action and policy and automate processes to streamline or eliminate labor-intensive tasks.
- Identify, investigate, and respond to requests for information from branches and staff regarding loan action and policy.
- BA or BS in business or other related major, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in mortgage lending and minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience.
- Operations experience within a financial services institution is strongly preferred.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, thorough understanding and extensive knowledge of all aspects of mortgage lending, including high-level knowledge of the federal and state regulations and compliance requirements associated with lending and collections activity.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical and project management skills, and proficient PC skills (Microsoft Suite).
Unitus offers a competitive pay rate and benefits package. For immediate consideration apply online at www.unitusccu.com.
Posted in Article Post.