Business Services Representative
December 10, 2013
Since our beginnings in 1938 as an organization to serve the employees of the St. Helens Pulp and Paper Company, we have helped meet the financial needs of all those who live, work, attend school, volunteer, or worship in beautiful Columbia County. We offer a variety of financial services, programs, and products to best serve our community.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as our new full-time, non-exempt Business Services Representative. Some of the main tasks the incumbent will be responsible for include:
- File Maintenance
- Checking loan documents for accuracy
- Funding checks – Confirm that all conditions have been met prior to funding loans
- Final check
- Convert old files to new format
- Scanning tax returns
- Follow up Maintenance
- Sending letters for updated financial information
- Insurance and property taxes
- Loan monitoring – periodic reviews to evaluate credit quality and trends
Look over the job description below and see if your knowledge, skills, and attributes would be a great match for this role. ?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
?Collaborate with others while providing commercial loan assistance including preparing all loan documents accurately and on time for delivery to customers.
- Contact outside vendors and customers to obtain financial information, routine updates, and other required data or documents to ensure loan file is complete and ready for timely processing.
- Prepare all commercial loan and supporting documents within loan policies and use technical understanding of loan processing to provide insight and resolve discrepancies that may be present in financial documents and/or tax forms.
- Responsible to book loans into core system, assure proper disbursement of funds, and assist with quality control checks.
- Assist with various support functions, such as site inspections, appraisal reviews, and maintaining UCC filings and collateral insurance.
- Provide consistent professional service to internal and external members.
- Promote Credit Union services to current and potential members.
Complete routine and moderately complex administrative reports and handle maintenance of organized and current loan files.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly commercial loan reports for Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Provide backup support for other commercial lending positions and job duties.
- Utilize a variety of systems and software to produce documents and maintain accurate records of in process and completed work.?
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.?
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PREFORM THIS ROLE:
- ?Including minimum qualifications for any new employee for this position, such as specific prior work experience, certifications/licenses, technical knowledge of software, machinery, or tools, and physical abilities such as relevant lifting, bending, walking, and/or stooping.
- Must have two years of experience in the financial industry; emphasis in commercial lending is preferred.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and a professional and business-like manner and appearance.
- Requires thorough knowledge of credit union products and services and completion of specialized course of study in commercial lending through a financial institution or equivalent.
- Must possess organizational and analytical skills, including the ability to work with numbers and calculations.
- Must be detail oriented, precise and accurate in completed work product, and be able to coordinate a variety of projects and activities efficiently within competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial documents, including personal and business tax returns and financial statements, both person and business related is required.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Understanding of basic computer software and ability to master use of other job-related programs is a must.
- Must be flexible in work hours to include evening and weekend hours?.
Come join our team! Please apply online for the Business Services Representative today!
Posted in Article Post.