Assistant Collections Manager
December 7, 2013
Job Code: 1312-002
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Montgomery Park
Location: Portland, OR
Job Title: Assistant Collections Manager
This position will be responsible for the daily supervision and operations of the Collections department functions. Promote teamwork and cross-training efforts within the department.
- Supervise the activities of all staff to include scheduling, coaching, staff goal setting, and developmental activities. Prepare and deliver performance reviews.
- Actively promote teamwork by working closely with the VP/Compliance Director to ensure support and consistent communication of policies, procedures, and performance objectives.
- Actively participate in the planning, scheduling, leading, and evaluation of effective staff meetings.
- Provide ongoing coaching and training of all staff as outlined in each employee’s development plan and performance objectives.
- Demonstrate and reinforce the service environment by modeling and coaching for effective behaviors. Responsible for ensuring team goals are attained.
- Assist in establishing policies and procedures for the department. Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations pertaining to loan collections.
- Recommend and implement revisions to processes and procedures to maximize productivity and efficiency while minimizing losses and expenses. Provide input to annual department operating budget.
- Deal with complex collection, fraud, or other activities in order to protect the Credit Union’s best interests while finding feasible resolutions for all parties involved.
- Perform any additional duties as required for the overall operations of the Collections Department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of previous supervisory experience with demonstrated people/management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of collections policies nd procedures, as well as applicable regulations and laws pertaining to collections. Experience within a financial institution is preferred.
- Relevant experience and knowledge within the collections areas focused on Equity, Bankruptcy and Charge Offs.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously and prioritize work assignments for self and staff.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and tact in dealing with members, staff, co-workers, management, and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills.
Visit http://onpoint.hodesiq.com/joblist.asp to apply.
Posted in Article Post.