November 27, 2013
BACKGROUND OF GENERATIONS CREDIT UNION
Generations Credit Union is the second oldest credit union in Thurston County. In 1939 Generations, previously named Employment Security Credit Union, started out in a small office in the Employment Security Department and served those employees and their families. In 2001 the field of membership was expanded to include anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school in Washington State. Each member of the staff is totally committed to a promise of building trust and enriching lives and striving to meet this goal every day, with every member.
Generations offers all of the same competitive products and services as larger financial institutions, but with personal service and a friendly environment. Generations wants to be the primary financial institution, meeting all of the member’s money needs, no matter what generation of life the member is in. As of September 30, 2013 the Credit Union had assets of $25.7 M and served almost 3,700 members.
For more information visit the Credit Union’s website:
ABOUT THE CURRENT OPPORTUNITY
Generations Credit Union is searching for an assertive leader to tap into the potential of this credit union. A forward and innovative thinker with energy to grow a robust and responsible loan portfolio and revitalize marketing and brand-building will be a welcomed candidate. This position will require exceptional communication and management skills.
The search for the President/CEO is being conducted in the Pacific Northwest. This position will be located in Olympia, WA.
Generations Credit Union will offer a full benefits package including Medical/Vision/Dental, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability, 401(k) with 5% company match, generous leave package and paid holidays. Salary will be dependent upon qualifications.
You are ready for this challenge if you have the following:
- Senior Management experience in a financial institution;
- Keen leadership skills, including creative problem solving, teambuilding, effective communication, and strategic planning;
- Experience with financial services regulation and regulators;
- Experience with a Community Development and/or low income designated credit union; and
- Relevant college degree.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the Credit Union to successful fulfillment of mission and strategic plan. Providing leadership and focus to board, staff and members to ensure long term viability of the Credit Union;
- Interfacing between the board of directors and Credit Union staff to execute business model and strategic plan;
- Preparing and presenting special and routine financial reports to the board as required by law;
- Serving as a member of appropriate management and board committees, (e.g., investment, insurance, budget, future planning, etc.). Carrying out the directives of these committees such as investment of surplus funds and charge-off loans;
- Implementing all policy directives from the board, delegating authority to ensure effective performance of assigned functions; and
- Overseeing directly or through subordinates, the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and discipline of employees.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SUBMIT AN ON-LINE APPLICATION
On-Line Application May Be Accessed Using The Paragon Group Link Below:
The application has two additional requirements:
- Brief answers to the following questions. Feel free to prepare these in advance and copy/paste the answers into the text boxes when prompted.
- Briefly tell us why your background and experience make you the best choice for the President/CEO position.
- What do you feel are two or three essential characteristics of an effective CEO-Board relationship?
- Why do you want this position?
- Attach an electronic copy of your resume to the application.
For More Information
Questions regarding the application process can be directed to Susan Girsch, VP/CAO:
- Telephone: 360-515-5603
- E-Mail: sgirsch@Theparagongroup.Com
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
ABOUT THE PARAGON GROUP
Generations Credit Union has contracted with The Paragon Group to facilitate the recruitment of the President/CEO. The Paragon Group specializes in management issues that are critical to leaders in today’s challenging financial marketplace. Founded in 1990 our team now includes specialists in organizational development, compliance, volunteer development and strategic planning.
More information about The Paragon Group may be found at our website: www.theparagongroup.com.
Posted in Article Post.