November 21, 2013
If you have an outgoing personality, great communication skills, and a knack for problem solving, we would love to have you join our Team! Passion and people skills are what we are looking for. Our membership base is closed and employment requires membership in Local 8 OPEIU (our members and staff are union based).
- Paid vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year
- Medical, Dental, Eye Care coverage for staff and dependents
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Compensation DOE
Responsible for interviewing members and processing loans requests via phone, in person, or electronically. Respond to questions regarding existing loans and promoting the credit unions products and services. Is responsible for processing and documenting work thoroughly, accurately and in compliance with applicable regulations and credit union procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for providing prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous service to members and co-workers.
- Develop an understanding of the credit union’s history and philosophy.
- Assist members with the loan application process to ensure completeness of information, process loan requests and obtain documentation relevant to the lending decision. This includes calculating debt to income ratios and reviewing paystubs to derive accurate income.
- Execute loan transactions in accordance with approved procedures.
- Provides options for member loan requests within credit union guidelines and communicate loan decisions to members.
- Process Skip-A-Pay requests, payoffs of loans and title transfers.
- Answers member inquiries/requests to process payments, update member information in computer database.
- Stays current with all provisions of the Federal and State lending regulations including Regulation Z and ECOA and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Responsible for ensuring effective and professional communications is maintained between the credit union and its members throughout the lending process.
- Documents and maintains accurate, up to date information regarding member accounts. Process updated information received by telephone or by mail in a timely manner.
- Support the call center and tellering activities to ensure timely member service, as needed.
- Sorts, files and coordinates action on correspondence.
- At all times, maintains a professional demeanor and respectful tone when discussing issues with members and co-workers
- Performs other clerical and loan servicing activity as may be assigned from time to time. Keeps VP of Lending apprised of progress on a regular basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Consumer and credit card lending experience, preferred.
- Consumer Loan underwriting experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of federal regulations including ECOA , BSA, and Reg Z.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- General knowledge of credit union operations, history and philosophy preferred.
Qualified applicants can apply via fax at 206-622-3981 or e-mail at email@example.com or through the mail at:
2414 SW Andover St. Ste. E-100
Seattle, WA 98106
Posted in Article Post.