Mortgage and Consumer Loan Processor
November 20, 2013
Job Title: Mortgage and Consumer Loan Processor
Reports to: VP-Lending
Classification: Full Time or Part Time Hourly, as assigned.
Salary Range: Depends on experience
Job Objectives: The Loan Processor performs a variety of functions in support of the consumer, real estate, and indirect lending programs of the credit union.
- To receive and respond to member inquiries regarding loans, loan applications, rates, terms, and member accounts.
- To receive and respond to dealer inquiries regarding loans, loan applications, rates, terms, etc.
- To receive and process loan applications by fax, internet, in person, and by phone according to established procedures.
- To forward loan applications to the appropriate loan officer for review.
- To gather all documents required for loan disbursement from members and complete all necessary verifications to application information.
- To disburse loans according to established procedures.
- To complete all member loan documents as required.
- To conduct loan signings/closings with members.
- To prepare all paperwork required to secure the credit union interest in collateral used to secure loans to members.
- To prepare all paperwork required to secure the credit union interest in real estate pledged as collateral for loans.
- To follow up on receipt of evidence of insurance and titles for collateral pledged as security for credit union loans.
- To follow up on recorded documents related to real estate loans.
- To collect data required to complete assigned reports and to complete assigned reports.
- To perform loan account file maintenance according to established procedures.
- To provide information about and quotes on credit life protection, credit disability protection, mechanical breakdown insurance, or GAP to members and to complete necessary enrollment forms for members to purchase these products.
- To perform other duties as instructed by the VP-Lending or other members of management.
Education and Skills required:
- High school diploma required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and should possess excellent reading, writing, and math abilities.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment and be competent in the operation of a computer terminal and software required to perform job duties.
- Must be able to work accurately with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and a large quantity of work.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a financial institution required.
- Experience in bank, credit union member service, loan department or mortgage company is preferred.
- Should be familiar with laws and regulations pertaining to consumer and real estate loans.
- Experience in sales or servicing of financial and/or credit products preferred.
Employment at Heritage Grove Federal Credit Union requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, reaching above and below shoulder level, and continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as typing or data entry.
Employees are also required to be able to speak in person and on the telephone, must have adequate hearing ability, and the ability to see clearly.
Employees are required to interact with others, meet established deadlines, and utilize problem solving ability and initiative.
Employees of Heritage Grove Federal Credit Union have access to non-public personal information regarding members, as well as proprietary trade secrets of the credit union. Employees must be able to maintain the confidentiality of such information and are required to use care to avoid inadvertently disclosing non-public information relating to the credit union and its members.
Employees may be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions while employed with Heritage Grove Federal Credit Union. These potential hazardous conditions may include the possibility of the credit union experiencing a robbery or other workplace violence.
Employees may be required to travel as directed by management pursuant to current policies of the credit union.
Contact Jesse Crenshaw, Vice President of Lending, at 503.485.4361 or JCRENSHAW@OurGroveCU.com.
Posted in Article Post.