Political & Grassroots Manager – Job #3352
November 16, 2013
Does taking an active role in promoting change in a community energize you? Do you get excited about political campaigns? Do you enjoy supporting and working with candidates and our next generation of elected leaders?
Our regional trade association is looking for a Political & Grassroots Manager to support policy advancement by assisting our state and federal lobbying efforts through grassroots advocacy and political engagement. Lead the planning and execution of a region wide political action plan for regional federal and state races.
Become a part of our passionate, friendly Governmental Affairs team and enjoy coming to work in the morning.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead the planning and execution of a region wide political action plan for state and federal races, in coordination with the Governmental Affairs team.
- Assist in analyzing political districts, evaluate candidates for office and work with the team to determine appropriate methods of political support.
- Coordinate regional grassroots campaign support for supported candidates.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts for federal and state PACs.
- Execute grassroots efforts aimed at federal and state elected leaders in conjunction with the other association teams.
- Connect member credit unions to their elected officials, helping them advocate for policy advancement and legislative agenda.
- Develop and execute long term grassroots and political plans for maximizing credit union policy advancement and political relevance.
- Develop innovative approaches to grassroots outreach including newly emerging social media political outreach.
The perfect candidate has superb communication skills, the ability to grasp complex subjects and a background in grassroots advocacy, political campaigns or a legislative environment. Experience with financial institutions is a plus. The ideal candidate will be intrepid, have a four year degree in political science, or other related field or the equivalent work experiences had have a passion for the legislative arena.
Salary ranges from $46,000 – 60,000 depending on experience. We also provide a generous benefits package including fully paid medical and dental insurance, matching for your retirement savings, paid vacation and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job #3352 in the subject line, or by faxing the same to 206.340.4802 by November 29, 2013.
Note: The Northwest Credit Union Association has offices in Seatac, WA and Beaverton, OR. The position may report out of either office.
Posted in Article Post.