Information Services Systems Engineer
November 7, 2013
SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU our employees truly make us a success. After all, our staff members directly provide the excellent service our members expect and deserve.
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting http://www.7principles.coop/.
Role at SMCU
The ISSE position is focused on delivery of custom programming and tools to help integrate systems within the credit union’s application landscape. The ISSE is expected to provide solutions for automation and simplification of tasks to enable staff agility when interacting with members. The ISSE is familiar with user experience and user interfaces to provide ideal workflows for end users. The ISSE will also be able to provide solutions to data integration as well as interpretation of data to improve credit union knowledge of key success indicators. The ISSE should also have current knowledge of security best practices when delivering solutions. Strong familiarity of multiple disciplines including, but not limited to: systems administration, network administration, and workstation administration will be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide expert level Core System expertise for Open Solutions’ DNA database
- Automation of repetitive tasks through appropriate scripting languages as required.
- Designing “glue” software to enable separate systems to communicate and simplify job workflows.
- Assists and guides in the integration of new software into the credit union’s portfolio of tools.
- Provide expertise in systems integration to business units during an RFP.
- Provide custom software to extend functionality or simplification of workflows.
- Ability to meet with non-technical users to understand, document, and implement business needs.
- Self-manage and track technical projects using Agile project management methodologies.
- Occasional systems administration work, such as configuring new operating system installations (Linux or Windows) or installing needed software.
- Provide guidance to ISS staff for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of technical problems arising from custom coding.
- Administration of Web Servers and related services.
- Thouroughly documents implementation, and customization of production applications.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Indirect exposure to robbery
- May be required to work extensive overtime hours (early mornings, late nights, and weekends. Regular Saturday hours, as required, and other weekend hours)
- Scheduled hours subject to change
- May be required to attend off-hours meetings and seminars
- Required to observe and practice safety procedures at all times
- May be required to travel
- Prefer Bachelors degree
- Equal knowledge of Linux, and Windows Server platforms. Displaying knowledge of best practices for server hardening and
- Mastery of the Perl scripting language on UNIX and Windows platforms. Candidates will be provided a problem to solve.
- Working knowledge of other scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, PHP, or Ruby. Candidates will be offered the chance to demonstrate skills in said languages.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of server equipment and network hardware. Candidate should be able to identify best practices in design and implementation.
- Mastery of SQL in Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server. Candidate will be asked to provide a solution to an example problem.
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle database administration.
- Good knowledge of Linux Shell and Windows Batch scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of markup languages such as XML, JSON, YAML, and knowledge of manipulation languages such as XSLT.
- Knowledge of iOS development desired, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Excellent attendance
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to prepare and maintain procedures, instructions, and other forms of communication
- Driver License
- 4+ years of Perl
- 4+ years of SQL
- 6+ years of Systems Administration in Linux and Windows hybrid environments
- 5+ years of Markup Language Experience
- 5+ years of Web Server (IIS and Apache) experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted in Article Post.