Support Services Manager
October 29, 2013
Do you have a strong foundational knowledge of financial services industry operations and the ability to lead a team in delivering excellent member experience? Woodstone Credit Union is a community-chartered credit union that is committed to partnering with the communities we serve while providing excellent products and services to our members. Bring your talent to Woodstone!
- Contributes directly and indirectly to the credit union’s sales and service culture. Responsible for achievement of department goals. Establishes and assigns measurable sales/service, referral, retention, and production goals consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensures members of their team are able to meet/exceed goals by providing leadership, direction, coaching, monitoring, and reinforcing goals. . Regularly conducts staff meetings to actively ensure to the overall success of the goals and objectives.
- Ensures members of their team contribute to member retention and expands member relationship by identifying and meeting member needs through product customization and high quality service.
- Manages centralized technical processing functions to include, but not limited to ACH/EFT, ATM, Visa,, exception items (OD/NSF), debit cards, dormant accounts, wire transfers, online banking, and online bill payer.
- Responsible for managing the processes for backup withholding, filling subpoenas, garnishments etc.
- Manages the Support Services Department with the goal of providing superior service to internal and external customers and timely transaction processing in the operations area.
- Ensures all processing is conducted in accordance with credit union policies and applicable regulations.
- Provides technical assistance to credit union personnel by researching and resolving problems, as well as interpreting and clarifying policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures to ensure compliance with polices and/or regulations while supporting efficient ongoing operations within the credit union.
- Monitors and analyzes operating procedures to determine effectiveness and compliance with internal operating procedures, audit requirements, and federal and state regulations. Recommends changes as appropriate. Minimizes loss exposure by identifying operational deficiencies and facilitating corrective action.
- Monitors negative balance and closing accounts. Monitors losses due to fraud activity. Prepares necessary paperwork.
- Notifies members of dormancy and levies according to state/federal regulations and credit union policy. When necessary, escheats the accounts to the state in accordance with the abandoned property laws.
- Oversees all aspects of member/customer problem resolution, including tracking and reporting of trends. Ensures staff is able to quickly research and solve problems to member’s satisfaction.
- Facilitates the development of, or revisions to, operational documents, forms, etc…, and training to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and completeness.
- Assists branches and other departments with technical/transactional questions, troubleshoots problems and provides technical support to the Relationship Manager and operational instruction and/or training on processes, procedures and products.
- Five years related management experience or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Strong foundational knowledge of financial institution operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be bondable.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations applicable to industry.
- Knowledge of financial institution procedures, services and programs.
- Requires ability to use word processing and spreadsheet programs (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel)
Base Pay $40,500.00 – $55,000.00 /Year
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 253.925.6806
Posted in Article Post.