Member Service Representative (Teller)
October 28, 2013
Clackamas Community Federal Credit Union is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Member Service Representative (Teller). Sales and Service is our #1 priority! This position will ensure that members are promptly and professionally served by upholding the sales and service standards of the credit union. Responsible for responding to requests for deposits, withdrawals check cashing, account inquiries and account maintenance. To be successful in this position requires the ability to communicate effectively, work through basic math, and represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner. This position is sales oriented with an opportunity to earn incentives for exceeding sales goals.
Essential Functions and Basic Responsibilities:
- Greet and acknowledge the member and close each transaction with an acknowledgement or thank you.
- Provides account information to members, using clear and concise language, suggests and explains appropriate Credit Union products and services.
- Promptly and efficiently responds to requests from members (i.e., deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, transfers, loan payments, line of credit advances, check orders, etc).
- Performs a variety of account maintenance duties (i.e. shares, checking, certificates, IRA’s, etc).
- Responsible for keeping cash drawer limits within guidelines.
- Balances transactions and verifies cash totals during down times and at the close of each business day.
- Adhere to the Cash Drawer/Balancing Standards set.
- Ensures that daily functions are efficiently and effectively performed in accordance with established policies, standards, processes, and security procedures.
- Verifies transactions; examines documents for endorsement, negotiability, and potential red flags, to ensure compliance.
- Treats members equally regardless of age, race, gender, or national origin.
- Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services, and participates in promotions and referral contests, while meeting the financial needs of our members.
- Displays competency in explaining and referring all promotions, products and services offered by the Credit Union.
- Actively participates in the established sales incentive program, meeting or exceeding sales goals as outlined in the program documentation.
- Contributes to branch growth and success by consistently producing measurable sales results.
- Uses effective listening skills to uncover hidden needs, offers the best product(s) and service(s) for the member and excels in closing the sale.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics Required:
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Good math skills with the ability to balance checks and cash daily.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Good typing skills.
- Ability to interpret and explain Credit Union policies and transactions posted to members’ accounts.
- Ability to operate related computer equipment, applications, Internet, email, and general office equipment.
- Proficient listening and telephone skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Basic understanding of overall Credit Union operations.
Education and Experience:
A high school education or GED and up to 6 months of similar or related experience.
Medical, Dental and Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401k, and Paid Time Off.
Wage offered dependent on experience:
$ 11.00 – $ 12.50
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a great benefits package, salary commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Posted in Article Post.