October 28, 2013
Clackamas Community Federal Credit Union is seeking a Financial Analyst for our Finance/Accounting Department. This position is responsible for a variety of duties commensurate with the analysis and preparation of Credit Union financial and statistical reports, and analysis of market research data, financial research, and demographic surveys to facilitate Credit Union strategic planning and decision-making. To be successful in this position requires analytical thinking, sound technical skills, knowledge of market research techniques and statistics, advanced knowledge in accounting functions, Microsoft Office products, and must be organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
Essential Functions and Basic Responsibilities:
- Updates the asset/liability modeling software monthly, or as needed, to prepare analytical reports, verifying and validating that all data is correct.
- Works with the Credit Union’s third-party ALM provider to generate accurate and actionable quarterly reporting.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations for changes in portfolio targets and asset/liability positions.
- Responsible for cost analysis on current and future products to ensure profitability and the competitiveness of rates, fees and special pricing issues.
- Performs extensive market research activities including demographic studies, market conditions, industry trends, member preferences, segment needs, and competitive behavior.
- Maintains marketing database (MCIF) for queries, analysis and research.
- Produces regular research summaries from multiple data sources aggregating data into meaningful, strategic recommendations. Communicates results verbally and in writing to the senior management group.
- Extracts and validates data from core processor for the purpose of analysis and profitability studies.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reports, including ALCO packet, budget variance reports, financial forecasts, interest rate risk reports, and NEV analysis, including monthly interest rate shocks.
- Makes recommendations for investment purchases based on cash flow analysis, total return analysis, and maintenance of liquidity and interest rate risk requirements.
- Assists with accounting, general ledger postings, and clerical support to the Accounting Department.
- Assists with annual Credit Union budgeting, preparing monthly reports identifying deviation from budget forecasts.
- Accounts for the Credit Union’s investment portfolio, posting principal and interest and balancing the general ledger to the bond accounting software.
- Prepares and accounts for property and other taxes.
- Responsible for capitalizing all fixed assets and posting depreciation; retiring and disposing of assets as appropriate.
- Updates and balances Fixed Asset Budgets, depreciation forecasts, roll-forward analyses and personal property records.
- Prepares the ALLL calculations, depreciation of fixed assets, and prepaid expenses for month-end closing.
- Assists and cooperates with auditors and examiners reviewing the financial accounts of the Credit Union.
- Attends ALCO meetings as a non-voting member, making recommendations on share rates and product pricing as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics Required:
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Knowledge of basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and concepts.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling rules.
- Ability to communicate professionally, with courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to interpret and explain Credit Union policy and transactions posted to members’ accounts.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, data processing system, software programs, Internet, email, and general office equipment.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility and good time management skills.
- Ability to be organized and multi-task.
- Willingness and ability to help others.
A college degree.
Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Medical, Dental and Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401k, and Paid Time Off.
Wage offered dependent on experience:
$ 18.60 – $ 20.60 an hour
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a great benefits package, salary commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Posted in Article Post.