Internal Audit Specialist
October 25, 2013
Job Code: 1310-009
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Montgomery Park
Location: Portland, OR
Position Title: Internal Audit Specialist
Reports To: VP / Internal Audit Manager
Under general direction of the VP/Internal Audit Manager, this position performs a blend of routine and impromptu tasks that support the achievement of Internal Audit department objectives, including the effective execution of the Internal Audit Schedule.
- Collect, review and analyze transaction data pertaining to memberships, deposit accounts and loans to evaluate the level of compliance with specific organizational control requirements.
- Perform periodic branch/department audits to evaluate the level of compliance internal policies and procedures, as well as external laws and regulations.
- Prepare reports of findings following audits, communicating negative trends or concerns to management and recommending corrective action.
- Make recommendations for improvement of management controls designed to safeguard the institution’s resources, promote enhanced services to members and ensure compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Document all work performed; including the details of audits and analyses that clearly reflect the procedures completed, the extent of testing, and the basis for the conclusions reached.
- Performs tasks that support the completion of engagements outlined within the Internal Audit schedule.
- May perform other tasks as assigned.
- General knowledge of consumer, mortgage and business lending processes, as well as internal lending guidelines.
- General knowledge of branch functions and additional back office functions as they relate to operations procedures.
- General understanding of Federal and State laws and regulations as they relate to lending, deposits and operations.
- General knowledge of auditing standards and a desire to do investigation, research and examination of branch and unit processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with XP2 or similar operating system and other database and word processing programs such as Excel, Access, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrated good communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to maintain confidentially where required.
- Ability to be self-directed and function under minimal supervision, while exercising good judgment.
- Ability to work effective as part of a team, with strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum two-year internal audit, credit examination or compliance experience preferred.
- Previous experience in branch operations, lending and/or central operations preferred.
Posted in Article Post.