Plastic Card/EFT/Accounting Spec
October 22, 2013
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administers Visa Credit and Debit/ATM Card Programs including but not limited to processing approved Credit/Debit/ATM card applications, ordering cards, verifying the accuracy of cards issued, and blocking cards as needed. Informs members of their rights and obligations associated with the accounting and processes requests for disputes and charge-backs according to established guidelines.
- Maintains current knowledge of Visa Credit Card regulatory requirements. Informs management of regulatory and compliance updates, and product enhancements as necessary. Implements changes as directed by senior management.
- Reviews fraud reports to identify potential fraudulent activity. Takes the necessary actions to block the Visa card and report the card as Lost or Stolen. Keeps senior management up- to-date on industry fraud trends. Recommends steps to help mitigate the organization’s risk. Maintains up-to-date and accurate records, and prepares reports according to established guidelines. Updates senior management monthly about the status of programs.
- Performs daily system start/finish processes; downloads information; processes and reconciles all incoming ACH and shares draft activity; and reviews all debits and credits for accuracy.
- Researches, troubleshoots, and resolves escalated staff and member inquiries. Processes requests including but not limited to stop payments, copies payroll/ACH changes and wire transfers according to established guidelines.
- Balances all daily ATM transactions, balances armored transport GLS. Orders cash for all ATM’s as necessary.
- Processes all bond claims and monitors reports for potential fraud daily.
- Assist compliance experts with their reviews. Provides all documentation and information necessary to successfully meet regulatory requirements.
- Act as in house expert and resource for staff and management about risk management and fraud prevention activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications):
- Associates Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred. Five years of similar or related experience may be accepted in lieu of the degree.
- Three years of experience working in a financial institution which includes:
- Two years of experience managing a Visa card and ATM portfolio
- One year of risk management and fraud prevention experience
- Experience using personal computer with Microsoft application including Outlook, Word, and Excel applications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of Visa processing and disputes, ATM, ACH, share draft processing, Electronic Funds Transfer process, and bond claim processing
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic credit union accounting and compliance processes
- Through knowledge of Visa credit card processes, rules and regulatory requirements
- Proficient using personal computer with Microsoft applications
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, management, and the public including formal presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with staff, management, team members, and the public
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, effectively problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete duties on time in an environment subject to interruptions
- Ability to attend to details
Providence Federal Credit Union offers and excellent benefits package. We are a drug free workplace.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com or mail to Providence Federal Credit Union 6400 SE Lake Rd Ste #125, Milwaukie OR 97222 attention Denise Wheeland.
Posted in Article Post.