Senior Commercial Loan Officer
October 18, 2013
To Apply: www.kitsapcu.org
Job Title: Member Business Lending Senior Loan Officer
Reports to: SVP CLO
Department: Member Business Lending
Pay Grade: 38
Develop and assist in servicing the commercial real estate and member business loans for the credit union. Work closely with Loan Servicing Department to process commercial loans in a timely manner. Ensure and maintain a profitable commercial mortgage/lending portfolio, including production, servicing and management of a loan portfolio consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate support of corporate values, mission and vision. Perform job duties within these standards and in accordance with the guidelines of our bylaws and regulations.
- Develop commercial real estate loans and member business loans consistent with the Credit Union objectives.
- Implement the strategies that will result in originating commercial and member business loans.
- Evaluate the creditworthiness of the applicant and analyze their cash flow consistent with KCU’s underwriting guidelines prior to submitting loans to Credit Analyst/Processing.
- Prepare periodic loan reports and updates for management review, including statistics of the loan portfolio, status, new loans, and loan interest rates and terms, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend systems, software, and documentation to provide responsive and professional service to our membership.
- Provide recommendation to management for changes to products, loan policies and procedures by following all applicable lending laws and regulations.
- Price and, if applicable, sell KCU’s products consistent with Credit Union objectives.
- Maintain written, telephone and personal contacts with established commercial real estate offices and develop prospective opportunities.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Credit Union’s Member Business Lending policy and regulatory requirements for Member Business Loans.
- Administer Credit Union human resource policies within area of responsibility including managing, supervising, hiring, firing, evaluation, training, staffing, employee counseling and salary administration.
- Attend work-related courses, seminars, etc., and pursue a program of self-development and participate in work-related trade groups.
- Participate in community activities and business development including but not limited to Chamber of Commerce, Board of Realtors and Homebuilders (activities that are industry related).
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in regards to information received directly or indirectly at all times.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- Contributes to effective department and Credit Union operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years experience in commercial real estate/commercial lending within a financial organization.
- BA or BS Degree desired.
- Familiarity with commercial mortgage market and underwriting requirements.
- Experience with understanding and analyzing financial statements and tax returns.
- Ability to coordinate and work on a number of unrelated functions and projects simultaneously.
- Proven professional sales ability and product.
- Experience in analyzing and understanding local and national economic data, which will assist in marketing and pricing strategies.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Ability to make quality decisions in a timely manner with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Ability to formulate, implement and administer policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to stand, lift, bend, and stretch.
- Requires the ability to work in an office environment.
- Requires ability to work in an office environment and outside in the community.
- Requires ability to communicate orally for long periods of time.
Kitsap Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Posted in Article Post.