Vice President, Business Lending Officer
October 17, 2013
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as loan officer, underwriter, and analyst, as necessary, for the organization’s business lending function. Utilize diverse and specialty skill set as directed by Vice President Business Services.
- Responsible for business loan requests including interviewing, review, analysis, and recommendations in all business lending product lines. Approve loans within stated policy limits.
- In the absence or at the direction of the Vice President, Business Services supervises and trains department staff in loan production and loan servicing functions.
- As necessary process new loan requests, loan renewals, Term Loan Reviews, analyze tax returns, profit and loss statements, cash flow, credit worthiness, financial statements, credit reports, appraisals, business plans and other related documentation.
- Prepare and present credit presentations for loan approval according to stated policy guidelines.
- Participate in Business Development activities.
- Ensure loans by self and others are properly documented and conform to credit union policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements.
- Actively manage, monitor, maintain, and reconcile existing accounts including loan participations.
- Provide underwriting and loan structure guidance to internal and external clients.
- Preparation and distribution of periodic and on demand reports.
- Ability to directly perform duties and train others in processing and servicing areas including loan documentation preparation, booking, calculating interest accruals for loan participations, payoff quotes, credit ratings, maintenance of tickler systems, construction draws, recording, and government required tracking.
- Troubleshoot accounting, servicing, or system problems.
- Work with internal and external auditors and legal counsel.
- Minimum 10 years advanced experience in commercial credit/lending responsibility within a community bank or credit union. Minimum 7 years advanced credit experience in Commercial Real Estate, Construction & Development, and C & I lending.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field preferred.
- Graduate of industry recognized professional banking school preferred.
- Proven success, experience, and expertise in reviewing, recommending, and approving commercial lending area objectives, policies, and practices.
- Proficient knowledge of commercial loan products, services, pricing, and profitability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent credit analysis skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills for making sound credit decisions.
- Strong understanding of the economic conditions, planning, and key contacts within the Credit Union’s market area.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in working with a variety of software and documentation solutions.
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and in a team environment.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and promptly meet member needs, often working with extremely tight deadlines.
- Proven record of accomplishments in current and previous positions and outside endeavors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all tiers of personnel.
- Solid financial analysis aptitude and exceptional problem solving and negotiating skills.
- SBA Lending experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage are required.
Posted in Article Post.