Artist’s Design Will Adorn International Credit Union Day Merchandise; Is Your Credit Union Joining the Celebration?
September 24, 2013
Sept. 26, 2013
Northwest voters have spoken, choosing the design above to adorn T-shirts, hoodies, posters and more as part of the Northwest Credit Union Association’s celebration of International Credit Union Day. Items are now available online, be sure to order yours by Oct. 10 to have them in time for ICU Day.
Northwest voters have spoken, choosing a bold design by Pennsylvania artist Boots to adorn T-shirts, hoodies, posters and more as part of the Northwest Credit Union Association’s celebration of International Credit Union Day.
Those items are now available online, with 15 percent of all sales benefitting Credit Unions for Kids. NWCUA staff also will be giving T-shirts away Oct. 8-10 at the Amplify convention in Portland, Ore. Be sure to order your items by Oct. 10 to have them in time for ICU Day.
On Oct. 17, credit unions in more than 100 countries will reflect on the movement’s history and promote its achievements as part of International Credit Union Day. ICU Day has been celebrated on the third Thursday of October since 1948. Its ultimate goal: to raise awareness about the great work that credit unions are doing around the world, and to give members the opportunity to get more involved.
This year’s theme, “Credit Unions Unite for Good,” builds on the Credit Union National Association’s ongoing “Unite for Good” campaign. That campaign serves as a unifying vision for U.S. credit unions by removing barriers, creating awareness and fostering service excellence to encourage Americans to choose credit unions as their best financial partner.
More than 196 million credit union members around the world will join in spreading that message on ICU Day. Will your credit union be celebrating, too?
Both CUNA and the World Council of Credit Unions have created Web pages filled with resources that credit unions can use—including posters, logos, member gifts, marketing ideas and more—to build a festive week around ICU Day. Among the suggestions:
- Offer your credit union as an elementary school field trip destination. Give teachers an opportunity to build real-world experience into their students’ math lessons.
- Teach a basic money management class at a local high school. You can get free educational materials through CUNA’s association with the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE).
- Offer a series of lectures on basic finance in the evenings or over the lunch hour. Topics can include managing a checking account, building a good credit rating, shopping for a mortgage, handling credit cards, and saving for college.
- Distribute financial self-help information in your lobby and at drive-up windows. Don’t forget to insert statement stuffers and articles in your monthly newsletter.
- Set up a booth at a local mall, community center, or special event. Offer consumer information such as Home & Family Finance Resource Center or personal finance handbooks. Hand out brochures that emphasize the credit union difference.
- Plan free member education seminars for members of all ages.
How will your credit union celebrate ICU Day? Send your plans to Gary Stein at email@example.com, and we’ll share those ideas in future Anthems.
It’s a great opportunity, needless to say, for Northwest credit unions to “unite for good.”
Questions? Contact Gary Stein: 503.350.2216, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Events.