Marketing on a Shoestring, Cutting-Edge Technology and the Keys to Becoming a True Leader: What Will You Discover at Amplify?
September 19, 2013
Sept. 19, 2013
What is the outlook for interest rates in 2014, and how will that impact credit unions and the economy? In an ever-changing regulatory landscape, what do credit unions need to do now to make sure they’re in compliance when the examiner comes calling? And how do you become the kind of leader who inspires your team to follow you through adversity?
You’ll find the answers to those questions and more during the Wednesday-afternoon series of breakout sessions at Amplify, the Northwest Credit Union Association’s annual celebration of the credit union movement. This year’s convention, scheduled for Oct. 8-10, will take place at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower (921 SW 6th Ave.; 503.226.1611) in Portland.
In between general sessions featuring nationally-known speakers—including Debbie Matz, chairman of the National Credit Union Association, and A.B. Stoddard, associate editor and columnist for The Hill—convention-goers can attend a trade show featuring more than 100 exhibitors, bid on items at an auction benefitting Credit Unions for Kids, attend impact sessions led by industry leaders and choose from 16 educational sessions spread over two days.
The breakout sessions are designed to inform and inspire. From 1:15-2:15 p.m. on Wednesday, you can choose from these five:
- Exam Issues & Hot Topics: Officials from state and federal agencies will share their thoughts on the ever-changing regulatory landscape, including an update on expected rule changes and a look at what examiners will be focusing on in the coming year.
- Fintech Overview & Pitch Off: Five tech-savvy innovators will lead a fast-paced review of some of the coolest cutting-edge financial products on the market.
- How Far, How Fast: Dwight Johnston, president ofDwight Johnston Economics, has an uncanny ability to demystify economics and the markets. In this entertaining session, he’ll discuss the outlook for interest rates and explore how different scenarios could impact credit unions and the economy.
- Leadership Presence: How do you become the kind of leader who inspires others to follow you through adversity? Susan Geear and Mark Haeussler of the DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute will give you the tools you need to build an executive presence, emerge stronger in difficult conversations, and exude confidence through uncertain times.
- Marketing on a Shoestring: When budgets get tight, marketing is often one of the first expenses to be cut. But that’s when you need to be telling your credit union’s story and promoting its products and services the most! Trish Shermot, chief operating officer at CTCE Federal Credit Union, will show you how to create impactful marketing campaigns without breaking your budget.
Registration for Amplify, including all events and the Summit Awards Dinner and Gala, is $489 through Sept. 27, or $519 after that date. For details, go to http://nwcua.org/amplify.
Questions? Contact Gary Stein: 503.350.2216, email@example.com.
Posted in Marketing & Communications.