Consumer Loan Underwriter
September 17, 2013
JOB DESCRIPTION – Consumer Loan Underwriter
Consolidated Community Credit Union is a full-service financial institution that has been servicing its members for over 50 years. We are looking for a career-oriented individual to join our consumer loan department in our NE Portland office. The ideal candidate will have a high sales aptitude, the ability to deliver a high level of customer service, 3-5 years experience as a consumer loan underwriter and 1 year experience as a consumer loan officer. If you have an outgoing personality and a strong work ethic we look forward to discussing the opportunities our credit union has to offer. Compensation is an hourly wage and paid vacation.
RESPONSIBILITES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Underwrite Consumer, VISA and Home Equity loans and Lines of Credit according to CCCU lending standards and procedures.
- Underwriters/Consumer loan officers will take applications and process Auto, RV, VISA, Personal Loans and Lines of Credit, and Home Equity Loan products as a backup to loan officers.
- Recommend additional credit union products and services for loan officers to present to borrowers.
- Comprehend and adhere to all company-wide and department-specific policies and procedures.
- Provide our members excellent customer service.
- Three years of experience underwriting and processing loans.
- Ability to underwrite a high volume of loan applications maintaining accuracy and consistency.
- The ability to maintain and foster positive relationships with our members, sponsoring companies, and other employees.
- PC skills (Microsoft Office Products) and knowledge of Symitar systems and LoansPQ a plus.
- Ability to manage a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment as a member of our loan team.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions and take appropriate course of action.
- College graduate
- Must be bondable.
- Must have a current driver’s license
Send all inquiries about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Article Post.