Commercial Loan Officer
September 17, 2013
Within the context of Central Willamette’s Statement on Sales Culture; provide ethical professional, friendly, quality service to our members. Provide guidance and counseling to members regarding business services. Underwrite business loans, making sound decisions for both the Credit Union and members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products and services
- Maintain an understanding of products and services offered by Central Willamette’s Financial Services Organization (CUSO) for the purpose of advising members of available CUSO services and referring them to the CUSO when appropriate.
- Meet target sales and loan goals as required.
- Promote our ACH program.
- Promote our merchant services program and act as the liaison with our third party vendor.
- Provide regular ongoing feedback to the department director regarding the activities, status, and needs of the department.
- Prepare Business Loan Documents and files. Review rates, terms, and amounts to ensure they are consistent with Credit Union policy and that all documentation is completed with technical accuracy.
- Assist members with requests for loan and savings related information.
- Counsel members in other financial areas such as general credit matters, terms, rates, changes in payment, and release or substitution of collateral.
- Research and Resolve member questions, complaints and account queries.
- Review and update information on member record file.
- Review applications and other incoming documentation for completeness and required signatures.
- Enter all borrower, co-borrower, and guarantor data on the on-line application system.
- Make sound loan decisions.
- Obtain and coordinate loan closing information and schedule loan closing. Prepare loan-closing documents.
- Develop relationships with business owners in our communities acting as an outside sales person promoting the Credit Union.
- Have a strong understanding of accounting principals and financial concepts.
- Have an understanding of the various types of legal entities that businesses can operate under.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and maintain spreadsheets as directed and necessary.
- Knowledge of the legal documentation and information required to make loan determination.
- Cooperate and work with coworkers as a team member.
- Promote, crosssell, and counsel members on Credit Union products and services in a professional and consistent manner.
- Comply with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations as promulgated by among others NCUA, FinCEN, US Treasury, FTC, Federal Reserve Bank, Oregon State Department of Consumer & Business-Division of Finance & Corporate Securities to include but not be limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act, FACT Act of 2003, Federal Reserve Regulations, Oregon Revised Statutes 723, and Oregon Administrative Rules 710 & 720.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communications skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Strong PC knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite software and database operations.
- Must be goal oriented with a strong desire to exceed established expectations.
- Strong desire to market and sell Credit Union products and services.
- Effectively able to manage multiple projects and work through constant interruptions.
- Able to manage schedule with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Ability to flex your schedule to meet the needs of members.
- Familiarity with Laser-Pro document software and tax analysis software is desired.
- Minimum experience required 2 years in underwriting commercial loans; however 5 years is preferred.
- Familiarity with ACH and merchant services.
- Required knowledge of current State, Federal, and other regulations applicable to commercial lending and savings programs.
- Sales experience desirable.
- Must be bondable.
Interested individuals please email resume and cover letter to CUemail@example.com.
Central Willamette is a Values based organization. We are fully committed to 5 core Values – RESPECT, INTEGRITY, ETHICS, COMPASSION, and HUMOR. We believe the continual and constant assertion of these Values will ensure that our Brand; our promise, position, performance and personality, will be clearly demonstrated as we fulfill our Purpose. Our Purpose is to enrich the communities of the central Willamette Valley by providing superior financial products, services and opportunities. This is our quest, our passion and our vision. Our Purpose becomes reality only with 100% participation and commitment from every member of our team to live by our Values. As an employee of Central Willamette, it is a job requirement to fully embrace our Values based culture. It is an expectation that your time, energy, attention and passion will be directed to the fulfillment of our Purpose by adhering to our Values. All employee activities fall under the umbrella of our Values based culture making it vitally important that you fully embrace the Values in order to be successful at Central Willamette.
Posted in Article Post.