*Updated* Financial Sales Assistant
September 13, 2013
When this position was originally posted, we provided the incorrect email address for applicants. If you are interested in applying for this position, please be sure to email your resume and cover letter to CUemail@example.com.
If you sent your information to the original address, or are unsure of which address you sent it to, please resubmit it to CUfirstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Provide support to the FNIC Registered Representative in a manner that conforms to the needs, policies, and procedures of the credit union; comply with all state and federal laws and FINRA rules. Provide ethical, professional, friendly, quality service to our members and clients. Serve as the member’s single sales contact for all credit union offered financial products at times that are convenient to the member. Perform assigned administrative and clerical tasks. Keep the needs of the clients and the members in the highest possible regard. Maintain the highest standards of compliance, ethics and confidentiality set by Financial Network Investment Corporation (FNIC) and Central Willamette. Make outbound calls to promote products and services, seminars, conferences and appointment verifications. Actively participate in all marketing efforts, implementing marketing plans, programs, incentive contests and campaigns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a member’s personal financial advocate who, reviews member information, evaluates member needs and aggressively seeks out and suggests meeting with the registered representative to review opportunities, products and services that best meet the needs of the member.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all CUSO and Credit Union products and services for the purpose of advising members and be able to communicate the benefits of those products effectively. .
- Act as a receptionist for the Investment Department. Track and set appointments with clients, members and referrals, keeping Registered Representative informed of scheduled obligations.
- Maintain inventories of current marketing and promotional material and order marketing materials when needed.
- Coordinate events as needed including seminars, client meetings and other assigned events.
- Develop relationships as a single point of contact for appropriate members and ensure their on-going satisfaction with the Credit Union.
- Track prospectuses and ensure that all prospectuses are current and out dated information is discarded.
- Prepare correspondence and send via the most appropriate media including: letter, fax, email, overnight, etc.
- Provide regular on?going feedback to the Vice President – CUSO regarding the activities, status, and needs of the department.
- Maintain compliance logs and other regulatory information
- Perform research on client inquiries as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with credit union policies and procedures, as well as FINRA rules, state and federal laws relating to Investment and Insurance Services.
- Participate and assist in the development of policies, procedures, and goals of the Investment and Insurance Agency.
- Process IRA applications and related transactions and refer securities related IRA inquiries to the registered representative.
- Prepare assigned documents including applications, new account forms, order tickets and other administrative and related documents.
- Available to work a varying schedule including weekends, evenings and overnight travel for training and education.
- Research and resolve member issues, questions and inquiries.
- Distribute incoming correspondence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Cooperate and work with co?workers as a team member.
- Comply with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations as promulgated by among others NCUA, FinCEN, US Treasury, FTC, Federal Reserve Bank, Oregon State Department of Consumer & Business-Division of Finance & Corporate Securities to include but not be limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act, FACT Act of 2003, Federal Reserve Regulations, Oregon Revised Statutes 723, and Oregon Administrative Rules 710 & 720.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess at least one year of previous sales experience.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Must be goal oriented with a strong desire to exceed established expectations.
- Strong desire to market and sell Credit Union products and services.
- Effectively able to manage multiple projects and work through constant interruptions.
- Able to manage schedule with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Ability to flex your schedule to meet the needs of members.
- Working knowledge of current State, Federal, and other regulations applicable to consumer lending, savings, investments and insurance.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Valid driver’s license and automotive insurance required.
- Reliable personal transportation.
- Must be bondable.
Interested individuals please email resume and cover letter to CUemail@example.com.
Central Willamette is a Values based organization. We are fully committed to 5 core Values – RESPECT, INTEGRITY, ETHICS, COMPASSION, and HUMOR. We believe the continual and constant assertion of these Values will ensure that our Brand; our promise, position, performance and personality, will be clearly demonstrated as we fulfill our Purpose. Our Purpose is to enrich the communities of the central Willamette Valley by providing superior financial products, services and opportunities. This is our quest, our passion and our vision. Our Purpose becomes reality only with 100% participation and commitment from every member of our team to live by our Values. As an employee of Central Willamette, it is a job requirement to fully embrace our Values based culture. It is an expectation that your time, energy, attention and passion will be directed to the fulfillment of our Purpose by adhering to our Values. All employee activities fall under the umbrella of our Values based culture making it vitally important that you fully embrace the Values in order to be successful at Central Willamette.
Posted in Article Post.