Financial Services Representative-Teller/New Accounts
September 12, 2013
Our Financial Services Representatives are responsible for performing teller transactions, opening new accounts, and servicing existing accounts. The selected individual will use professional, consultative selling skills to identify cross-sell opportunities and deepen member relationships.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing prompt, efficient, confidential, and accurate service to members while processing their transactions.
- Opening new accounts and utilizing professional consultative selling skills to actively cross sell appropriate products and services.
- Performing new account functions including: explaining various account and ownership options, preparing all documents and paperwork, verifying that all documentation is completed thoroughly and accurately.
- Receiving checks and cash for deposit, verifying the amount and examining checks for proper endorsements.
- Responding effectively to member requests, problems, and complaints.
- Understanding credit union products and services thoroughly and demonstrating the ability to articulate and discuss the features and benefits of each.
- Handling, managing, and balancing currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at the end of each shift.
- Floating between branches to meet business needs.
- 1+ years previous experience in a teller or new account sales/support position within a financial institution.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Credit union experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a personal computer and to learn new technologies in a timely manner.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to learn and quickly become familiar with credit union processes and procedures.
- Ability to float between branches as business needs require.
A Great Place to Work!
Advantis Credit Union is Oregon’s fourth largest credit union, with over 50,000 members and five branches in the Portland metro area. Along with an excellent benefits package, our team is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally.
Our competitive advantage is our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through excellence, innovation, and serving as trusted advisors to our members. If you are looking for an organization that will recognize you for your results and empower you to reach your potential, we urge you to apply online at: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADVANTISCU&cws=1&rid=245
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in Article Post.